Honda Shadow Forums banner

Just bought my shadow

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  elfnyc 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been browsing this site, reading, and learning. This site and the information was one of the reasons I went with the Shadow.

I got a 2002 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit. It is my first bike in 11 years and I am excited to get back into it. NOT a big fan of the pins striping but it is a great bike.

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome. i like pinstripin'. it's a dyin' art.

#6 ·
thanks guys.

The striping may grow on me. It is very well done and it would be a shame to cover it up or remove it, but not really feeling the yellow right now anyways. I do like that it stands out and isn't like any of the other bikes around me. It will stay as is until winter and then I can make a non-hasty decision.

The last owner did most of the mods I would want to have done to it, so i am up there. It came with a memphis windshield and nice leather hard bags.

Great bike to get back into riding and my first cruiser. Going to take a safety course to knock the webs off.

#10 ·
thanks for the comments, found some tins i may pick up for a winter paint project, but we will see how this grows on me or festers.

shenobi1-
the phantom is awesome congrats on the purchase.

AJ-
my brother has almost the same vtx1300, but without the batwing. Amazing look with the bw. i may have to talk him into it. it really changes the entire look and beefs up an already beefy bike.

#15 ·
AJ-
my brother has almost the same vtx1300, but without the batwing. Amazing look with the bw. i may have to talk him into it. it really changes the entire look and beefs up an already beefy bike.

thanks for the compliment bud. yeah... i really like the batwing. the best thing about it is i can take it on and off in seconds with the quick detach mounts for a completely different look. i like it though.

#14 ·
thanks for the good words everyone. It is a great bike and though I still may change some colors later, it is definetly not a deal breaker for the ride. I like the overall look and stance of the bike great re-introduction into riding.

#19 ·
Thanks!! and haven't had the chance to run it empty yet, but looking over historic specs it looks like it is 3.6 gallons

Specifications for Honda Shadow Spirit 750:
Engine Size: 750
Seat Height: 26.6 inches
Weight: 496 lbs
Tank Size: 3.6 gallons
Gears: 5
Final Drive: chain
Induction: Carburetion: Two 34mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity

#20 ·
I love those phantoms. They are just perfect. Love all the brushed and satin silver finishes. I went into the Honda Powersports to look at a new helmet and jacket and finally saw one. It was next to the honda fury that was satin white and all blacked out (sweet as well). The forks and engine appointments on the phantom really set it aside from the rest.

I think it would look awesome with some blacked out pipes or black wrapped pipes for your bobber look

#22 ·
thanks man, it is a lot of fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.