Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1st post. Just "discovered" the Shadow 1100. I must admit I never gave "metric" bikes a second thought while I owned my HD Roadking. Sold it because I was not riding as much as I wanted and didn't want to watch the bike depreciate so quickly as it sat. Very Impressed with quality and feel and looks (not to mention value) of a used Shadow 1100.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
My 1st post. Just "discovered" the Shadow 1100. I must admit I never gave "metric" bikes a second thought while I owned my HD Roadking. Sold it because I was not riding as much as I wanted and didn't want to watch the bike depreciate so quickly as it sat. Very Impressed with quality and feel and looks (not to mention value) of a used Shadow 1100.
Welcome! Lets see that baby!

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Welcome!

A lot of former (and some current:wink:) Harley riders here.
This is my first Shadow also, and I was surprised at the quality, cost, and feel; I had liked the looks of the Shadow for a long time.

Read the instructions for posting pix and try to get one up soon!

-john

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you joined the Shadow Forum. I have a question relating to the above statement. Do HD bikes really depreciate that much? Did you over pay?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Overpay for HD?

Hello to all and tnx for making me feel welcome!

Dernp - I bought a 2001 Roadking Police used in 2003 for $12k added a few things, sold it in the spring of 2010 for $7k with only 21k miles! I had it up for sale over a month, that was all I could get.
I guess I felt it was worth more, but you know how that goes - it's worth what someone pays you for it!
Now, I just paid $1100 for the '87 Shadow 1100 and don't need to spend a penny to ride it. How long can I keep this before it has to be sold for less that $1100? My guess (if I continue to keep it nice) is a LONG LONG time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.