Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes indeed. The previous owner (around my age -> mid-upper 50's) had it for only around 1,000 miles & 4 months. He thought he would like motorcycling, but apparently not so much.

I also have a 1998 Kawasaki Voyager XII touring bike (for sale), a 2014 Yamaha Majesty 400 scooter (setup for touring).

My previous bikes include 2000 BMW K1200LT, 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750, 1979 Kawasaki KZ650, 1972 Kawasaki KH500, 1975 Honda CB450.

Since this picture was taken, I have added a Slipstreamer windshield, and Viking leather studded saddlebags.

· Registered
3,130 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

nice bike :)

· Banned
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

· Premium Member
2,129 Posts
My previous bikes include 2000 BMW K1200LT, 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750, 1979 Kawasaki KZ650, 1972 Kawasaki KH500, 1975 Honda CB450.
Wow, some nice previously owned bikes in the Kawi 500, KZ650 and 75 Honda CB 450. That KH500 was one quick bike and surprised many an owner.

· Premium Member
2,129 Posts
That's right - I misspoke. It is in PERFECT shape, except the top of fuel tank is faded (pinkish) from the sun. Not dull at all, still shiny. Would it be possible to have it touched up by air brushing, rather than paint the whole tank?
You might be able to use some mild rubbing compound several times to remove the oxidation and then apply a quality wax to the tank.

· Banned
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That KH500 was one quick bike and surprised many an owner.
Yeah mon! If I wasn't real careful on the throttle, it would pop wheelies! :shock:

It would get to 90 MPH super quick, but topped out there.

Biggest problem with the bike was about 1/2 the time I got to work, I found I had a fouled spark plug, as on of the 3 cylinders was cold. :-(

· Registered
612 Posts
That's right - I misspoke. It is in PERFECT shape, except the top of fuel tank is faded (pinkish) from the sun. Not dull at all, still shiny. Would it be possible to have it touched up by air brushing, rather than paint the whole tank?
Buy you a cool custom tank bib for it.
That'll cover it up and add a touch of customization to it.

Three Mutts Customs - Home

I follow this guy on Facebook too.
He does amazing work and I'm going to have him make me a custom tank bib one day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.