Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
That's pretty cool. Anyone notice the "SPITTING PROHIBITED BY LAW" sign?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
PIC #2 is awesome on so many levels.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
We have a cabin on a nearby recreation lake. We don't make it up there but a few times a year. So I put a sign on a tree there that reads "This property protected by high voltage and a man with a shotgun two nights a week. You guess the night." I found it in an antique store a few years back and couldn't pass it up. So far no one has messed with anything.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
We have a cabin on a nearby recreation lake. We don't make it up there but a few times a year. So I put a sign on a tree there that reads "This property protected by high voltage and a man with a shotgun two nights a week. You guess the night." I found it in an antique store a few years back and couldn't pass it up. So far no one has messed with anything.
Nice.. I just show up on the front porch at all different times of the day.. and I have skeletons hanging from it.. but I need a sign, perhaps CrazyDaves Garage ;)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Nice.. I just show up on the front porch at all different times of the day.. and I have skeletons hanging from it.. but I need a sign, perhaps CrazyDaves Garage ;)
If you have skeletons, no sign is needed. Although one that read, "See what happened to the last guy's that tried to break in?" would be cool.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just discovered that if you click on the picture twice it goes full screen.
Picture 2 is my fav
The sign is cool, No spitting unless its in one of those approved containers LOL !
Im looking for me and will post if I find any.
BTW, that Flying Merkel, has anyone ever seen one?

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Also, did anyone notice that the postman is wearing half chaps? Was that ever a style? :)
Not half chaps,, just gators, similar to spats but taller and leather. That's for the chain etc..see below

Spats, a shortening of spatterdashes, or spatter guards are a type of classic footwear accessory for outdoor wear, covering the instep and the ankle. Spats are distinct from gaiters, which are garments worn over the shoe and lower trouser leg, and used primarily as personal protective equipment.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spa...JOYE4iVNsnbgagG&ved=0CGsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=785

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Not half chaps,, just gators, similar to spats but taller and leather. That's for the chain etc..see below

Spats, a shortening of spatterdashes, or spatter guards are a type of classic footwear accessory for outdoor wear, covering the instep and the ankle. Spats are distinct from gaiters, which are garments worn over the shoe and lower trouser leg, and used primarily as personal protective equipment.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spa...JOYE4iVNsnbgagG&ved=0CGsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=785
Thanks Old Dad....I learned something today.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great pictures. Picture # 2 looks like my first bike. Lol really i started riding on a Wizard belt driven i paid 15.00 for in 1960 bought used, i was in the 8th grade in school. memories good old memories

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Back in the day chewing tobacco was much more popular than it is now. I'd guess that sign is there to address the issues with that habit. Also, did anyone notice that the postman is wearing half chaps? Was that ever a style? :)
I remember seeing the no spitting sign when I was a boy. Asked my grandfather about it because he chewed. He said it was because the fashion of women having long skirts. The hems would drag through the spit and soil the bottom of the skirts. So no spitting on side walks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts