Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some years back I posted a thread about a biker who was found murdered while on his way home from a ride. Murdering a biker. I didn't really know the guy but the case struck a cord so I kept an eye on the proceedings.

I was informed by someone quite close to the case that it was going to be featured on a television show called "See No Evil" on ID Discovery channel. It aired last night.
The interviews with the guys wife were downright heartbreaking. All in all though, it was interesting and educational to see the investigative proceedings.

There's fundamental and philosophical differences between all of us, doesn't make any of us right or wrong. Some shake their heads and say what Larry did was stupid or wrong, it was just a bike.....

Others feel what he did was honorable and right. He displayed the warrior spirit. Either way, the world lost a good soul, and all of us that cruise of two (and three) wheels should take something from it.

A guy made up some pretty cool looking stickers: I have a bunch...

I have one on each of my bikes so no matter where I go, a little bit of Larry goes with me. (and no, that's not my helmet)

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
I recall that post. Wasn't that the fellow that jumped on the trailer with his bike as the thieves were leaving? Sad story.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,466 Posts
If not for the cameras there was little chance of solving this crime so I wonder if more cameras is not a good thing. The problem with cameras is they only help after the fact. As you mentioned, to me property is replaceable and most of us have theft insurance so it may be wise to consider your actions during a robbery. I had a corvette stolen and I watched it drive away from inside my house. I did get a camera photo and had all the information handy for the police and the thief was caught in half an hour and my car was returned and repaired n a few days.

G.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If not for the cameras there was little chance of solving this crime so I wonder if more cameras is not a good thing. The problem with cameras is they only help after the fact. As you mentioned, to me property is replaceable and most of us have theft insurance so it may be wise to consider your actions during a robbery. I had a corvette stolen and I watched it drive away from inside my house. I did get a camera photo and had all the information handy for the police and the thief was caught in half an hour and my car was returned and repaired n a few days.

G.
and we both know it's impossible to debate whether what he did was "right" or "wrong", just what we hope we would do in the same situation. I doubt Larry was thinking, after all, it went down around 0200 in the AM. He was just reacting. Different folks react to the same situation different ways.

What just blew my mind watching the show was the nonchalance exhibited by the one guy when he went in to the store to get change just minutes after beating a dude half to death and tieing him up and leaving him to die. Incredible.. The mind of a career criminal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts