Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Myself, I'm the proud owner of a 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic. I love my bike. But the wife wanted her own, and she flat-out told me the 900 was too heavy and too long, so getting her a Vulcan 900 of her own was out of the question. We shopped around quite a lot, and had no luck at any leftover new '09 Vulcan 500 LTDs. So, we stopped in at the local Honda dealer, and she fell in love with a red Shadow Spirit. So we went ahead and put her on it.

Figured I'd join the forum to stay on top on info regarding the bike...I know that being a member at the Vulcan site has been a great help. And while I do love my 9, this 750 is a great bike. The seating position isn't ideal for -me-, but that's a moot point since it's HER bike lol. It seems to have plenty of snap, rides smooth, handles great, and after my Vulcan, the Shadow feels like it weighs about 5 pounds. Only rub is Honda didn't put a fuel gauge on it...which perplexes me.

And I do have one question: my Vulcan is fuel-injected, but the Shadow is carbureted. We're planning a ride to southern CO next month, do I have anything to worry about from the altitude in the mountain passes?

Anyway, nice to meet you folks, and I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the forums.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts