Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reminded me of a 'bat-doodoo' crazy woman I dated several years ago. She had an old Harley she was neurotic about but she lived in a rented house with no garage nor carport. She had bought one of these..

I thought is was a pretty good idea, considering it costs under $200 and if placed in a sheltered area I believe it could go a long way to keep the sun and rain off a bike for a couple of years. A practical solution just to keep the bike out of the weather. When we parted I don't know which I was more glad to see go down my road. Her or that dammed Harley.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That is pretty sweet actually!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Those are neat, but my solution would be a 20x8ft steel shipping container. They can be had fairly cheap, tons of room for multiple bikes and work bench, and much more secure.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Went with the shipping container.
$1600, delivered.

Glad I did.

Need another one.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Where did you get the shipping container? Been thinking about doing something like that myself.
Wish I had somewhere level to put one, would love to get the mowers and yard and bike stuff out of the basement. For myself it was suggested in the other thread that I try a cover from wally world, I'm going to but with family coming in tonight, (have to be at the airport at 10:45 p.m.) and a list of will do's from the wife a trip to wally world is not in the offing right now:D I'm only here right now because "the boss" has gone to the store! she knows if I went I would not be back for hours!:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Got mine from the trucking company who hauls them.
The 'older ones' get put out to pasture.
Prices around here:
No doors, or obvious damage-$1000
Fair condition ones for $1200.
Good condition ones for $1400.
Hand-picked = $1600.

Biggest thing to check: difficulty of getting doors open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts