Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Another shining example of why it is ALWAYS a bad idea to antagonize a driver in a car when you are on two wheels.

“During the course of the investigation, the officers learned the driver of the vehicle and the motorcyclists were engaged in some form of road rage near the Promenade mall and the driver then chased down and deliberately ran his vehicle into the motorcycle,” Leggett said.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another shining example of why it is ALWAYS a bad idea to antagonize a driver in a car when you are on two wheels.

“During the course of the investigation, the officers learned the driver of the vehicle and the motorcyclists were engaged in some form of road rage near the Promenade mall and the driver then chased down and deliberately ran his vehicle into the motorcycle,” Leggett said.
That is why I said BOTH of these guys are the a$$holes. A-Hole 1 is the biker playing with fire by pissing off the 6,000 lb guided missile, and A-Hole 2 in the car for trying to kill 2 people for what is undoubtably a minor offense.

Doc

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This opens up the topic ride and carry thread again doesnt it

I wouldn't want the nimrod on the bike to be carrying, he's clearly too stupid to handle a gun.

If anything, I am even more inclined to walk away when I am on my bike, and more so when I am on my bike and armed. Why go looking for trouble? Over words? not worth his life, or mine.

Doc

·
Banned
912 Posts

How do you know it wasn't the guy in the cage that did something to piss off the rider?

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
That is why I said BOTH of these guys are the a$$holes.
Doc

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

How do you know it wasn't the guy in the cage that did something to piss off the rider?

How exactly, does it matter?
A rider has to be pretty much a brain dead imbecile to get into a piszing match with someone in a car. If the car driver goes off (as in KABOOM) the rider will lose almost every time.

A rider, especially hauling a passenger, has a responsibility to maintain his temper even in the face of mass stupidity. This goes back to the old argument of an rider demanding the right of way and then getting run over even though he was in the right.

He may have been right, but he's still dead.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I wouldn't want the nimrod on the bike to be carrying, he's clearly too stupid to handle a gun.

If anything, I am even more inclined to walk away when I am on my bike, and more so when I am on my bike and armed. Why go looking for trouble? Over words? not worth his life, or mine.

Doc

Doc has it right. 99% of the people I know that cary would be the last to draw.

As Gat and the ZOO keeper said.... DO NOT, pissoff the occupants of the cages.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
used to be a strong supporter of right to carry, but here in Phoenix we seem to have idiots that shoot each other over road rage. if you could limit carry to sane people great, way too many idiots. Even had one guy going into a grocery store tuck his girlfriends handgun into his pants and shoot himself in a sensitive area. with a pink handgun. time to hand in your Man Card.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
used to be a strong supporter of right to carry, but here in Phoenix we seem to have idiots that shoot each other over road rage. if you could limit carry to sane people great, way too many idiots. Even had one guy going into a grocery store tuck his girlfriends handgun into his pants and shoot himself in a sensitive area. with a pink handgun. time to hand in your Man Card.
There are always going to be idiots, law or no law. Laws are not designed to physically protect anyone, they can't as they are simply ideas written down on paper somewhere. The law is a framework for informing and administering civil or criminal penalties when someone has done something "wrong".

IF laws worked, this world would be a utopia. No murder, no theft, no rapes, etc... I'd rather take my chances with a few idiots than have my firearm taken away.

from John R. Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime:

"Take Florida. Between Oct. 1, 1987, and July 31, 2011, Florida issued permits to over 2 million people, many of whom renewed their permits multiple times. Only 168 had their permits revoked for a firearms-related violation -- about 0.01 percent."

That's not that many "idiots" to deal with!

Doc

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
What kind of derelict to society does one have to be to run down two people over either words or gestures? Blame the motorcycle riders anyhow/anyway you want, there still is absolutely no excuse for the cager's actions. To maliciously seek down and intend harm or death on defenseless people demands the simplest, quickest and least expensive method possible to the tax payers ... a sledge hammer to the occipital bone - cheaper than a bullet and completely reusable.

Man, I feel for that passenger.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The witnesses were the motorcops. Those guys should be able to articulate an attempted murder in front of them. If that same guy was getting away from the cops and struck the cops in the same fashion, he would have been shot dead in San Diego. ADW was the minor of the offense. You need a District Attorney or a savy investigator to do some witness checks and change that freaking charge to attempt murder! WTF is going on round here. I take it this is still in the works. Hope justice is done on this one. I raise the bull **** flag on that one. One last note. I have seen the most idiotic drivers in CA. Rain, traffic, sleet, snow, at night. CA drivers are worse then east coast drivers. I am originally from the east coast. I though it was bad over there. Pfft..

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
i'm reading the post on the site.... seems like majority think the bikers got what they deserved... makes me feel safer

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'm reading the post on the site.... seems like majority think the bikers got what they deserved... makes me feel safer
I don't think that at all, no one deserves to be almost killed for saying something stupid (unless it something like "I'm going to kill you mf'er" and he's holding a knife or a gun!).

What I will say is the rider may have been totally innocent in all this, yet as a rider I try very hard to keep my temper in check, and I never mix it up with a car while ridding. The MC rider should have been the bigger man and rode away not saying anything, he is responsible for not just his life, but his passenger as well.

Doc

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I don't think that at all, no one deserves to be almost killed for saying something stupid (unless it something like "I'm going to kill you mf'er" and he's holding a knife or a gun!).

What I will say is the rider may have been totally innocent in all this, yet as a rider I try very hard to keep my temper in check, and I never mix it up with a car while ridding. The MC rider should have been the bigger man and rode away not saying anything, he is responsible for not just his life, but his passenger as well.

Doc
I was reading the comments on the news site that published the story... not here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.