Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this with the knowledge that I can do VERY BASIC maintenance on my bike but the more technical stuff I prefer to send to my mechanic so I don't screw it up. I have a 05 VT 750DC and I plan on doing a couple projects in the near future. I want to do the sprocket mod and replace both sprockets 17/38 and put a new chain on, also want to re-jet and sync my carbs. I am going to buy all the parts so I can control what is bought and quality. For those of you that have paid to have these mods done, how much did you pay in labor costs?

Also of note, I managed to find a Dynojet Kit 1182 for 42.50 including all taxes and shipping from a seller on fleabay, is that a fair price?

Anyone in the Orange County/LA area that is mechanically inclined and wants to make a few dollars and save me paying dealer costs, let me know maybe we can work out a deal that helps us both out.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Did you check out the shop I told you about? His labor rates are very reasonable, way cheaper than a dealer. I can re send you the info if you want it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Did you check out the shop I told you about? His labor rates are very reasonable, way cheaper than a dealer. I can re send you the info if you want it.
What shop is that? I do my own basic maintenance but it is always nice to know of a good shop as a back up just in case!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

No, not yet. I still have the info and will swing down and check it just been super swamped at work and fridge shopping since the one in my house decided to take a crap on Thursday. I will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ocmotorcycleshop.com - Home

This is the place Dark Aero referred to and I will go check it out as soon as I can. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
No problem. The place is like 5 min from my house so let me know when you are going and I will meet up with you and introduce you to the guy in person.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds like a plan. Probably won't be until the new Year but I will for sure get ahold of you to set something up. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
No problem. It will have to after the New Year for me too, going out of town for Christmas. Hit me up when you have time to ride down. We can go there and then ride over to Cooks Corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts