Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the scenic route through a small town; I'm in the left lane almost even with the SUV in the right lane..(you know where this is going, don't you?).
It happened so fast, I locked the wheels, the rear spun around and I lost it. me and the bike went tumbling down the median.
I immediately jumped up and the lady says 'are you alright? I didn't see you!'
I got away with a few scratches; the bike got a few scratches, although the gas tank seems to have bore the brunt. It's not dented, but it's a deep scratch..I hope my paint guy can continue to do miracles for me..
sigh.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry about the bike, but glad you're ok. Could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
glad your okay bud! sorry about your luck though!

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Regarding "Laid it down"

Got Vance and Hines pipes. The old saying--loud pipes save lives, maybe or maybe not. But when I'm next to anyone, I let them know I'm there with a twist on the throttle. Just makes me feel a little more secure.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm glad you are ok man.. I few weeks ago i laid my bike down too.. It was a rookie mistake. Went over rail tracks on the wrong angle and went down. I didn't know that I was suppose to be on the left lane because the right lane its almost parallel with the tracks, and the bike didn't like it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow...glad it was no worse than it was. You are fine and bike can be fixed. It often seems that when we get on our bikes we become less visible so I just adopt the attitude that all of the cars around me are going to do what I DO NOT WANT THEM TO DO!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BettieRotten said:
**** man, Thats a bummer, Was the lady at fault?
As far as I'm concerned yes! Thing is..after the paramedics taped me up and I decided to ride it home, everyone split..I didn't even get a copy of the accident report. although, now thinking about it, it's probably up to me to go to the police station and get one. I asked the policeman if I could hold her liable, even though there was no contact between our vehicles..he said he'd check on it.
Bruin63 said:
How fast were you going?
I'm not sure, 40-45 if I'm honest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got Vance and Hines pipes. The old saying--loud pipes save lives, maybe or maybe not. But when I'm next to anyone, I let them know I'm there with a twist on the throttle. Just makes me feel a little more secure.
I did the hole saw pipe mod and had a simular run in with a truck. rolling on to the gas scared the driver and saved me being run off the road. LOOK OUT YOUR SIDE WINDOW!!!!:shock:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good advice, both..will have to keep that in mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts