Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leave 17th for a trip around Lake Superior - from St Paul MN heading up the North Shore etc. I plan to camp (hammock) 2-3 nights and throw in a motel on this
5-6 day trip. Any insights, tips, suggestions on camping areas, border crossing, money exchange, particularly nice roads through MN, ONT, UP or WI would be appreciated. I haven’t done something like this for many years and am really looking forward to the trip. I have done a couple of shorter camping (hammock) trips this past year.
I’ve also been on the Circle Tour website but it’s always nice to hear any recent 1st hand experiences. Thanks for your input.

Don

·
Registered
839 Posts
I can't offer any real advice, having not done that run before, but kudos to you for doing it. I'm envious; i've heard it's a beautiful trip.

I'm hoping to go up the north shore yet this summer; i've heard that's really nice too.

Ride safe, and have a lot of fun!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm planning a trip along the south shores of Lake Superior in a couple of weeks myself. I'll be entering the U.S. at Warroad, Minnesota and and riding east to Sault Ste. Marie. Not coming back thru Canada because of all the idiot truck drivers. Sticking to the secondary roads and just taking my time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx - Passport is in hand. I have heard/read about trucks along the TransCanada 17 but since there are no other options I'll keep that in mind. I agree though about using as many back roads as possible along the UP.

Don

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man, I'm so jealous. I want to do that tour. Maybe in a few years when I get settled into my new house and out of school I'll have time for it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Have a safe trip and take lots of pictures. I have been trying to to get the lady to do a long trip, but she doesn't like to go more than a couple hours.
Well of course she doesnt. She doesn't have anywhere to sit! Also, out of curiosity, in your sig pic there is a mirror under/next to your bike. Any reason? I thought maybe your bike likes to admire itself.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your inputs. Just now finishing packing and will be ready to go tomorrow morning. I'm really exited to get on the road. Headed for Grand Portage MN the first day and play by ear from there.
at the very worst, it will be great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts