Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone the is planning to do the Lake Superior Circle trip will need a Passport . This can be obtained at the Post Office,but check first to see if yours does and when. I spent 2 hours today at the Naperville office. Some tips are /you will need a certified birth certifacte,drivers lic,your check book with 3 checks. You can save some time by stopping in and getting the application and filling it out at home. Also by getting your picture ahead of time will help. I know most fokes have a passport but for those who don't this may help.
We need to decide what week we will be going etc. so lets hear from yall .
Norm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Superior ride

Any mention of dates for this ride?? I need to start planning my vacation time........it's ALL about ME you know!!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
When you get to Ontonagon, Mi stop in the
Dry Dock Bar and tell them hey.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi you're majesty (hypr1)
Any time from June 11th to June 30 or July 28 to August 11th. My passenger can't take time off in July 1st to 27th.
Mike.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Circles said:
When you get to Ontonagon, Mi stop in the
Dry Dock Bar and tell them hey.
Thanks for the tip !
Norm

·
Registered
34 Posts
For what it's worth...

I vote for the week of July 30th thru august 3rd....although I am flexible!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the dates will be July 28- Aug 5 2007 for Lake Superior !

·
Registered
750 Posts
Norm,
I would appreciate it if you would keep me informed about this trip, dates and the trip both sound good to me.
Tim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Tim ,
Sounds good ! Just keep a eye on this board and I will add you to the e mail list. Maybe you can join us for some rides before the Superior tour.
Norm

·
Registered
750 Posts
Norm,
Good idea on the rides, do keep me informed, I sent you an email so feel free to email me, I will try and keep up on this blurb too.
Tim

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Do you guys have any day trips planned yet? Can't do long trips, considering wife won't even get on the back and that I have two little ones....

I'm beyond ready for winter to end! This snow sucks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dan K said:
Do you guys have any day trips planned yet? Can't do long trips, considering wife won't even get on the back and that I have two little ones....

I'm beyond ready for winter to end! This snow sucks!
No day rides planned yet but keep checking this site there will be !
Norm

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Sounds great. If for some reason I foresee a day off, I may even try to organize one! Starved rock anyone? After 12 years without a bike, I got back on last season and have been dying to make this trip.

If any of you have done it in the last few years, I'd be very interested in hearing routes...

I think we may have talked about this in the Chicago thread last summer, but more talk never hurts...

- Dan

·
Registered
98 Posts
day trip

Dan,

I would like to recommend Savanna, Illinois. It's a big day trip destination for cyclists right on the Mississippi river. You can take North Ave. all the way out. There's lots of bikers in town on the weekends and a couple of good bars to quench the palate :wink: .

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Lst season was the first back in the saddle since college in Champaign, so ALL of the local rides are on my list.

I'll check out Savanna as well.

Where is Spring?!?!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello Dan, I do Starved Rock about 3 times a season. I live in the Oak Lawn area ( 95th and Harlem ) and it is about 90 miles from here and about 2 and a half hours going rte 6 then to rte 7 through Joliet and then back on rte 6..back roads all the way to Starved Rock. Rte 6 has a bridge out so I wind up through Joliet for a little bit, but the route is still mostly side roads etc. I am ready for this day ride whenever peeps want to plan this. Feel free to email me and we will plan this ride sometime soon.

[/img]

Lorre

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More Trip Info

Anyone who plans on riding in the Lake Superior trip should contact his or her insurance provider for proof of insurance in Canada. I have Guyco and they said to call a month before and they will send a card that will work in Canada.
Norm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts