Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like today will be the last ride for me for awhile. Today is sunny and 71 degrees, and the next two weeks rain and snow with a high od 48. I do believe depression is starting to set in! Happy riding to all!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know how you feel.
I put my bike away last Saturday because its been getting cold here in Chicag area and lots of rain...
Every day I come home from work, I go on my laptop and look at pictures of my bike..lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a "Speed and Strength" "Call to Arms" that serves me well. Lots of pockets, armor and a liner if you choose to use it. Fall and Winter riding are my favorite times. Of course I live in Southern New Mexico but I've ridden here when it was 12 degrees out. Today just happens to be very windy.

L.R.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yep, get yourself some good winter gear. 48 is too warm to put putting away your bike. Leatherup.com has good prices. I got a leather jacket with liner (rarely use the liner) for less than $200. I've ridden with temps in the teens and low 20's, although my gear didn't keep me toasty. Anything above 35-40 and it's fine.

·
Banned
912 Posts
^+1. Leatherup has some good stuff at great prices! I've placed several orders with them and have yet to be disappointed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ileather direct use to have even lower prices than Leather-up, but I think they have gone belly up. Otherwise, Leather-up is your best bet. My heavy gauge leather jacket from Ileather weighs about 10-12 pounds (no liner) and was less than $70! It is so heavy I dont use a liner, I just wear a light jacket underneath. I have rode in below freezing temperatures with that combination - but my snow ski gloves arent good enough. Looking for some new leather gloves with good insulation that can handle below freezing.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah, Leatherup has saved my ass a lot! I have a set of rain gear (pants and jacket) that I got for $40 total. Good in the rain, awesome in the cold. I wear mine every day now. The jacket has become my regular riding jacket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.