Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am noticing that the gasket on my right fork is leaking like crazy every time I go on a ride I have spray on my right leg. It's also accumulating on the right front side on my bike.

Also, te forks seem to bottom out wheneve rI go over a mild bump. Any thoughts?

It seams that I'll have to replace the gaskets, so should I just bite the bullet and replace the front springs too? What are your thoughts on the progressive springs? Worth the money? Should I have them use a thicker oil?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
New seal sare called for and use heavier fork oil recommend 10-15 weight. Leaky seals can be the cause of the bottoming.

Progressive spring are definately worth the price even if they are not NEEDED.
Were you bottoming BEFORE the leaking started? Heavy oil will help, spring will help more.
The springs don't have to be changed just because you are there doing the seals. Spring swap is a 15 minute job and can be done at any time.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, have you changed fork seals before? If not, don't worry about new springs, since that socket bolt at the bottom of the outer fork tube might take 20-hours to remove and reinstall. Progressive springs, you have to cut a new spring collar out of pvc pipe, and all that. Don't neglect to order new guide bushings (the larger of the two bushings).

Best Oil Seal Write-Up on the Web

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.