Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding the 79 today and I came upon a group of riders coming in the opposite direction. I gave them the two fingers down low wave and most of them gave it back, but two of them tapped their helmets. Hmmm, never saw that before. I looked down and saw that my left turn indicator was on, so I figured the helmet tap meant to check my indicator. A little way down the road I spotted a cop hiding in the bushes on the side of the road. Hmmm, maybe that helmet tap meant "look out, speed trap ahead". Well, when I got home I Googled rider signals and sure enough, the helmet tap means cop ahead. Don't know who those riders where, but I wanna thank them for the heads up!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I could use the "you left your turn signal on again, you idiot" signal more often than I'd like. I really hate looking down and seeing I left it on. I worry some day someone will mistake it for what what it means rather than my intentions and pull out in front of me.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Was taught that tapping your head meant "bubble top."

-john

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yep, tap on the top of the bucket means cop. Which I figure is because they were and or are, referred to as "cherry tops" so logically, a tap on the TOP of the head means cherry top ahead. Good piece of info to know, my brother and I use the signal when we're riding together, that and the old rear brake flash too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.