Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WooHoo! After never even sitting on a motorcycle in her life, my sweet Moonbeam is learning to ride. Looks like I'll be in the market for another bike soon. In less than one hour she was looking pretty good to me. I just gave her some basics today. She picked right up on them. Been a good day for her. Taught her to shoot off-handed for her next NRA comp next weekend, and how to ride a bike this afternoon!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Awesome! Good job! :)

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
Yup, she definitely has the Bug now. :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She seemed to catch on quicker than I thought, and does look natural. I wanted her to duckwalk that sucker around the park two times. She duckwalked it around once, and when she got back to me, she gave it some gas and put her feet up on the pegs. From then on I just laughed, sat back and watched!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Great work. My wife took up riding at 57. Pretty cool for an old lady. She's went though 3 scooters and 3 motorcycles before she decided she was happy on a Honda Forza 300.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great work. My wife took up riding at 57. Pretty cool for an old lady. She's went though 3 scooters and 3 motorcycles before she decided she was happy on a Honda Forza 300.
Thanks VZ! Yep, she is now 46. I think I have created a monster. She just ordered her new helmet.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Looks like you better order a new bike!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wholy crap! AND women's harley davidson boots... What color bike should I be looking at next? Looks like Moobs will be just something that I will have to maintain soon, and not get to ride...

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's wonderful to see man. You should know from my posts that I'm in the exact situation myself, only a couple of weeks ahead of you. Just wait until she has her own. She'll insist on riding the bikes everywhere. We'll need to go to the store. I grab the car keys and she's pulling on her helmet. You're about to go through the same thing.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Wholy crap! AND women's harley davidson boots... Wheat color bike should I be looking at next? Looks like Moobs will be just something that I will have to maintain soon, and not get to ride...

I'm a fan of anyting thats not black! :mrgreen:

the voodoo purple flake and amber whisky from Harley are awesome colors! IMO.

I'm also partial to charcoal grays and silvers!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fun conversation tonight from FarmVille Central.

Deb looked over at me with a smile and said look, you got me tattooed, you taught me how to shoot, and now you got me riding motorcycles. "You are just trying to get me to be a man!"

I said naw baby. I'm trying to get you to live. :)

She promptly smiled, and then ordered her Harley Davidson boots...

Tomorrow she want's to go out again, so she can get into second gear!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts