Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just mounted some Leatherlyke hard bags on my 2004 Spirit 1100 that has Progression shocks on the rear.
There are tabs at the front of each bag that has a rubber grommet on it that looks like it is supposed to be supported on the upper part of the stock shocks.
The progressive shocks have the spring exposed, so that grommet contacts 2 of the coils. This is causing them to squeek when the shock is compressed.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something that is sold to "fix" this problem or is this something that I am going to have to fabricate myself?
I have some ideas, but I wanted to see if anyone else has already engineered a fix for this yet.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
CMichael,
O know just what your talking about. The cure for that would be to make a brace out of metal, that holds the bag away from the shock. If you mount it to the bag, it will come off when/if you remove the bags. I'd use pop rivets to adhere it to the back of the bag.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about what I was thinking, but I didn't think about mounting it to the bag. I think that would work better than if I added a stop to the brace.

Thanks for the idea!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts