Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the LeatherLyke Cruiser Case for those times when I have a bunch of stuff to carry.

Does anybody use this case? I'd like to hear some opinions of it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yep - got them and love them. They hold a lot of stuff and lock up good. They come off fairly easily if you want them off. I keep saying to myself why not take them off for this or that ride, but I aways leave them on due to the convenience of the packable space. See my sig pix.
You will probably have to relocate your turn signals ( included in the kit) - just takes some time to do it cleanly and carefully- all instructions are very clear and it was the first mod I did to my bike when I got it so I was quite uncomfortable with the thought of it but the instructions were very clear. Hope this helps
if my sig pix doesn't come up go to
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/ihavethespirit/Sturgis 2006/IMG_0816.jpg
it is a pretty good shot of my bike fully loaded for 11 days and 4400 miles :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
546 Posts
Tangle Eye said:
Actually I'm not talking about the saddlebags - I already have them and love 'em. I'm talking about the huge trunk type bag that goes on your luggage rack. It looks like this:

http://www.leatherlyke.com/stores/showprod.cfm?&DID=13&CATID=6&ObjectGroup_ID=21
Wow, didn't know they had those. Thanks for clarifying. Hope my diatribe helps someone else then. Don't know anything about the trunks and didn't know they even had them They look cool. Honestly I would have gotten the biggest one with the backrest but I am not spending any more $ on this bike as I have my hopes set on a Wing.

G

·
0 Posts
I have the midsize bag that mounts to the back rest. It works great and looks very nice. Even if, which is not very often, I remove the side bags, I keep the back bag on for holding hats, gloves and junk.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I've been wondering about these too. They have 2 versions, with and without a built-in backrest. The built-in backrest version looks like the backrest pad is high enough that it might fit above the spirit's backrest. The wife would enjoy the higher backrest? Anyone try it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leatherlyke cruiser case

It looks like the backrest on the Spirit is the same configuration as the Magna. I had to take the backrest off and just mount the leatherlyke cruiser case to the luggage rack. My wife said that the backrest pad is comfortable enough, but has never put any serious miles on it either. I saw where one guy took the pad off and mounted a Mustang sissy bar pad to the leatherlyke cruiser case and said his wife loves it.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,737 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts