Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,155 Posts
Roseanne got the words correct (I think- can't hear it again)....

If the words are correct, I think that's the better performance....

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's no big deal. BUT, the problem is every time someone sings the national anthem at the Super Bowl, they try to put their personal stamp on it. I'm not saying they should all sound the same, but a national anthem should be sung the same way the people sing it, IMO.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
It's no big deal. BUT, the problem is every time someone sings the national anthem at the Super Bowl, they try to put their personal stamp on it. I'm not saying they should all sound the same, but a national anthem should be sung the same way the people sing it, IMO.
Agreed! It's a long drawn out 15 minute Anthem and that's where Christina made her mistake. She tried to stylize too much by drawing out her notes. She was also off pitch quite a bit as were the Black Eyed Peas. Fail......

·
Registered
758 Posts
That Roseann thing... she never admitted she did it on purpose, right, but I can't see how it wasn't. Back in those days she really worked hard to just be, well, obnoxious.

As for the word goof. I find it hard to believe that ANYONE doesn't know the words like they are etched in stone in their brain, but I'm betting Christina and I have lived very different lives. Maybe ignorance, maybe nerves, but I've been surprised it is such a big story. Some folks act like "Americans and veterans everywhere should be insulted..." What? Because someone made a mistake? Meh.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Guess I have a different take on this. It is our national anthem and should be sung correctly with pride and reverence at all times. Sing it correctly or do not sing it at all.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Guess I have a different take on this. It is our national anthem and should be sung correctly with pride and reverence at all times. Sing it correctly or do not sing it at all.
This.

You don't make mistakes like that. It just proves how little you care, what little regard you hold for our nation and the song that represents us and our History.

I'd rather hear a child or a cop sing it right and sing it off key than some superstar self-absorbed c**t butcher it.

Let the guy who runs the corner 7-11 sing it. He knows the meaning. He paid top dollar and killed himself to support his family and live here.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I was more disgusted that it went on 15 minutes longer than it should have. Sing the song properly or shut the **** up.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I was more disgusted that it went on 15 minutes longer than it should have. Sing the song properly or shut the **** up.
...Oh Canada....

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Indeed. I don't need or want to hear all the "warbling" or "stylized" versions, thank you very much...

·
Registered
11,102 Posts

At some point it has become part of the entertainment.
It's not entertainment.

Maybe they should stop using it to open up games anyway?

2005 they had the combined choirs of the US Militart Academy, Naval Academy and Coast Guard Academy do the Anthem. It was beatiful AND they knew the lyrics.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
At some point it has become part of the entertainment.
It's not entertainment.

Maybe they should stop using it to open up games anyway?

2005 they had the combined choirs of the US Militart Academy, Naval Academy and Coast Guard Academy do the Anthem. It was beatiful AND they knew the lyrics.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Leave the singing of the National Anthem to those that have the deep respect and understanding of it's meaning.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It was doomed from the beginning....they have a latino broad singing and her first words are "Jose can you see".

·
Banned
956 Posts
I love how everyone jumps on someone who made a mistake. Have you all NEVER made a mistake? I bet in your job, you have screwed up once or twice. And to think, you are a profesional, that should never happen. Come on, **** happens, and even to the anthem. Yes, she probably stylized it too much and that threw her off. Do you think she doesn't know the words? I bet she does. Does it mean that it means nothing to her? **** no. She screwed up. Jump off you high horse and give reality a try. You may be perfect up on your perch, but down on the ground with the rest of us, you all "f" up from time to time as well.

Sing it right or don't sing it at all? Seriously? You think she sat down before she went out and said, "How cool would it be to sing a line twice?" I guess the anthem should NEVER be sung again, just in case they mess it up. Because just like rivers flow to the ocean, someone will mess it up again....

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: I think they should use a kid. Take one of those 8 or 9year olds with innate talent. They usually do a great job! :-D

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love how everyone jumps on someone who made a mistake. Have you all NEVER made a mistake? I bet in your job, you have screwed up once or twice. And to think, you are a profesional, that should never happen.
I see your point -- I've had quite a few jobs in my day and have made some errors on occasion. Of course I do always strive for top quality and perfection, but yes -- some typos do slip by, and I do have to re-record segments if something isn't perfect.

However... I think if I knew that I was performing my job in front of many millions of people, center stage and dozens of cameras, I'd make **** sure I knew every letter of every word I was reciting.

Just sayin'.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I love how everyone jumps on someone who made a mistake. Have you all NEVER made a mistake? I bet in your job, you have screwed up once or twice. And to think, you are a profesional, that should never happen. Come on, **** happens, and even to the anthem. Yes, she probably stylized it too much and that threw her off. Do you think she doesn't know the words? I bet she does. Does it mean that it means nothing to her? **** no. She screwed up. Jump off you high horse and give reality a try. You may be perfect up on your perch, but down on the ground with the rest of us, you all "f" up from time to time as well.

Sing it right or don't sing it at all? Seriously? You think she sat down before she went out and said, "How cool would it be to sing a line twice?" I guess the anthem should NEVER be sung again, just in case they mess it up. Because just like rivers flow to the ocean, someone will mess it up again....
++100...That woman is an incredible songtress. She went off tract a bit. So what!!. I dare say that not a single one of you could sing it even in your shower let alone before millions. She made her apology and did it with grace. Gezzz even the guy that swore in the President messed up the words. Stuff happens. So all of you live in glass houses eh? I seriously doubt she made the mistake on purpose.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts