Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '84 VT700 and need to do some major work on it, part of which is on the lighting. I figure I might as well upgrade to LED's on the turn signals and rear brake, but I'm not well versed in the conversion. Are there plug/play set ups available?

I found the blinkers here: http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/...t_Code=Chrome_Teardrop_Amber&Category_Code=TD

Still looking for the tail light if anyone has any sources...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
325 Posts
You’d be hard pressed to find a whole new brake light that will fit/look right off the shelf. But an easy fix would be to convert yours with a simple LED bulb.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to be doing a lot of custom work on it, so I'll find something that looks right..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure it would look fine, but I won't be using the stock light.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I went with the classic (universal) Lucas style on my Shadow. On the little bike I use an LED Cateye (universal).
See Attach:

Depends on the "look" you’re going for. ;-)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the classic (universal) Lucas style on my Shadow. On the little bike I use an LED Cateye (universal).
See Attach:

Depends on the "look" you’re going for. ;-)
Im going for a minimalistic look, more bike and less light, but I still want to be seen- hence the LED. More light in a smaller package.

<meta name="keywords" content="24 LED Motorcycle tail marker turn signal indicator blinker trailer lights chrome plated teadrop Harrison Specialties" /> <meta name="description" content="Chrome Plated Teardrop LED Light set with Amber LEDs for motorc

Just not sure how to wire them into the system...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do a search on 'Bobber' lights all the classic Ford, Caddy style lights use LED now.

Do a quick look on ebay to get some ideas.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Remember that with the single indicator on the dash you need to install a diode in the sytem. Kuryakyn make a kit for under 10 bucks. Otherwise all 4 will flash with the signal on.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Essentially you need to take one wire from the indicator on the dash and run it to ground. The other one connects to a diode and splits into two wires and connects to the signals.
The kit comes with instructions or you can look on the website. I posted a step by step here somewhere.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome. What about the tail light? Any advice? Not sure exactly what style, but it'll definitely be LED. on that note, know of any good places to find custom led brake lights?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Brake light makes no difference since it is a simple circuit. you can just replace the lights with LEDs. I maintained all stock housings and just replaced the lamps.
I suggest SMD Leds over the LED lights pictured above since they are brighter. Different ones can be found at superbrightleds.com. I get all my LEDs from these guys as their prices are good as is their quality.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would reuse it, but the rear fender is going to be bobbed, and brake light relocated to the side

1 - 14 of 14 Posts