Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed LED signals and they only flicker once when activated. Is there a resister or something i need to install? I have a 1998 shadow ace 1100c. thanks, Dayton

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,886 Posts
So they don't flash at all? Just on and stay on or on then off and stay off. Are they after market lights?

·
Registered
VT 1100c 1994
183 Posts
The normal relay gets confused, as LED draw less amps as normal bulbs do. In case of a defective bulb the driver gets warned by visual alarm of the turn signal (oh, need a new bulb!). a defective turn signal can be dangerous, especially for bikers.
When I installed LED on my 1100 I took a resistor for the front and rear signals, kept the old relay. Kina worked, but got massive problems with ignition and motor running bad, all of a sudden. Very very strange. So I tried out a LED relay, didn't work well... ended up with new led relay and 1 resistor, works flawlessly now.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Yes. After market assembly's.
All 4 turn signals? I'm not familiar with aftermarket. I know they can be difficult. It's possible they are connected incorrectly. You will need an LED flasher. And if you only have one indicator light a diode kit should be installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty confident they are connected correctly. I found a load equalizer at auto zone. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I don't like the load equalizer just because it defeats the advantage of using less power with LEDs and I understand the equalizer creates unnecessary heat. By using the LED flasher and putting in the diode kit in the turn indicator it works correctly and allows some extra power to run heated grips, gloves, driving lights, accent lights and a charging port for a phone or camera. All 3 of our bikes we ride have every bulb switched to LED. Including headlight and tail lights. I have used all the stock housings cause I like the way they look with clear lenses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts