Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dianne and I are planning on going, leaving South Florida and riding up there. If anyone wants to ride up with us (details when it gets a bit closer) or meet us there for some fun and friendship let me know.

BikeFest website: http://leesburgbikefest.com/

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'll definitely be hanging out at least one of the days that weekend.

Last year I showed up all 3 days. If you want we can exchange cell numbers & give a yell when we're free.

Let me know.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hope I can make it. I'm probable going to miss some of Daytona that I planned to go to because of work.
Let's see if we can plan a HSN get-together down there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beowulf said:
Hope I can make it. I'm probable going to miss some of Daytona that I planned to go to because of work.
Let's see if we can plan a HSN get-together down there.
Sounds good. It may be a Shadow and Rebel get together as my wife rides a Rebel. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is my first year going to Leesburg (I'm a fairly new rider), but the group I ride with is planning a trip up there. I hear it's great a time. I've never been to Daytona (although they are doing a day ride there as well) so this will be my first bike fest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wife and I will be leaving South Florida Thursday morning, headin' up the Turnpike. Anyone want to try to get together on the way, or while wer're up there? We're staying at friends who live there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
bposner,

I will be there sometime Friday afternoon & a good bit of the evening. I may be working a table setup for the Victory chapter I'm a member of. If you want I can PM you my cell & we can get together & chat or go for a ride.

Where does your friend live?

Lola,

You'll have a great time here at the Bikefest. It's still small in relation to Daytona but I think it's more biker friendly. Enjoy yourself & ride safe!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good, PM number and/or email. Friends live in Leesburg, up some road LOL only been there once since they moved up there. Looking forwared to it, first time there.

rixemailfl said:
bposner,

I will be there sometime Friday afternoon & a good bit of the evening. I may be working a table setup for the Victory chapter I'm a member of. If you want I can PM you my cell & we can get together & chat or go for a ride.

Where does your friend live?

Lola,

You'll have a great time here at the Bikefest. It's still small in relation to Daytona but I think it's more biker friendly. Enjoy yourself & ride safe!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm going to miss it. My son is going to be in Orlando that weekend so I'm going down there for a visit.

Y'all have fun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
rixemailfl said:
Lola,

I'm getting excited now that it's only 2 weeks away. Not looking forward to the ride up the turnpike though as this will be my first turnpike ride. A new experience all around!

·
Registered
131 Posts
One of my friends is doing that and possibly stopping in Sebring for the night before continuing on. The group I'm riding with wants to take the turnpike so we get there at a decent time. We're leaving from West Palm Beach around 2:00. I figure I'll suck it up and go on the turnpike. They've promised me that we won't go faster than 75 mph.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Me too!

I know a couple of us from Hillsborough cty are going Saturday Morning.

I hope I get to meet a Few of you.

See ya there!

·
Registered
198 Posts
bposner,

Feel free to give mine to anyone coming to Leesburg as well.

I'll be showing up sometime Friday afternoon... Still have to work. The mail must go through!!!

See everyone Friday, Saturday & Sunday too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm getting so excited! On my way to work tonight I saw they already have the "Caution: Bikefest. Watch for motorcycles" signs out. I get home from work at 8am on Friday. I'll probably go get the bike and head out until it's time to pick up the kids from school.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll be the old guy on a Shadow. Should be easy to spot :lol:

Actually, Shadow 750, Brown/black, full winshield Cheap vinyl saddle bags. Wife, Black Rebel 250 tiny winshield. Sign on her helmet says "Haido by Helmet" phone number

nine five 4 - two nine two - nine two two nine

The above was to keep number away from spam bots and such.

As I said leaving Thursday morning. Available anytime during the weekend to meet/eat/greet

We will be heading home Sunday, maybe through Mt. Dora

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kids can be so selfish*

Ok, so we are getting ready for our bike trip to Leesburg Bikefest, and get a call from my middle son. As some of you know he went in for bypass surgery a while back, but seems there is something else going on , well he's going in for a Cardiac Cath (Info about it here http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu...rdiac/cath.cfm )

So our trip to Leesburg as been derailed to Boston. Leaving sometime Thursday...kids, sheesh.

Seriously, wish us luck. Will Keep ya all updated.

*bad joke, but gotta keep up a positive attitude.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts