Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Indian Roadmaster
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I installed the Kury lay-flat plate holder in place of the pig nose. I had noticed that the piece of the holder that goes over the plate partially obscures the sticker, covering up the month number. When I got home for R&R, I had to renew the registration.

To solve the issue, I turned the sticker 90 degrees so that all of the information is visible. Think the popo will grief me on it?

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Ok..here's a question for you and a bit of information as well..

In Britain when we buy a new vehicle it has a registration number..License plate number..this number never changes..If we move from England to Scotland or Wales the number moves with us, it stays with the vehicle until it is scrapped..

We pay a road tax every year of about $100 for a bike or $200 for a car, we also have to have a certificate of road worthyness for about $50 and insurance for anything from $90 to about $1,500 (that can tripple for a car)depending on years of riding without an accident..It is against our laws to ride without any of these documents..We are also banned from riding on motorways without a full motorbike licence..

So what do you need to ride a motorbike in the USA and what are the restrictions.

John.

·
Registered
598 Posts
the bike ... insurance ... license ... registration .... thats it ... we dont have as much to worry about but each state is different ... here in tn we dont have to even have most info with us, we can just provide proof of insurance when needed we wont get a ticket for that ... and as far as i know ( again each state has its own set of laws on this too ) we dont have half motorcycle licensing ... but i grew up on them and didnt have a problem getting it added on my license ... some states you dont have to wear a helmet and others you do ... here you have to but they dont really enforce it ...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Most likely, the police will not give you grief over a partially-obscured sticker for registration. Many plate holders cover a portion. I woukld guess the laydown plate would give more problems than the sticker-thing. I know in my state (WA) the plate has to be vertical to be legal. Is mine vertical? ...no.
John Hopkins: Our basic lagal documents required to carry differ state to state. Driver's license, and vehicle registration are the basics. Proof of insurance, and others are mandatory in some states, not in others. WA does not require Motorcycle insurance to ride. -----Metalguy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.