Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
probably varies from stat to state but here in ohio 12 years ago when I took mine you had a slolem course, a tight turn around, a slow ride, and a fast stop it was all very easy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It would be almost impossible to test on the streets for common sense and good judgement as you never know when you could be tested with a situation. I beleive the test is decent cause almost anyone can ride a bike at speed but when it comes time to swerve or stop or navigate around crowded parking lots or traffic thats when a riders ability is showed. I have to agree if you can ride the test is easy if youve just started and still shacky going slow the test is hard and it should be and yes while I was there a guy dropped his buddies bike during the tight u-turn. I only missed a couple points on the fast stop cause the bike I was using was an enduro and the brakes left a lot to be desired. I also had just completed the riders course required because I was only 16 and during the course I had the best score and was invited to compete in their rider skills rodeo. I ended up 8th out of 50 which won me a new helmet leather glove rain suit and a couple shirts. I would recommend the course to any new rider to the streets I have riden since I was 5 but the course helped with on street defensive riding and when my wifes ready to get her liscense she will take the course also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.