Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,278 Posts
I like the 76 version ....
Yep, Me too. Friend let me ride his 1995 900, week later I rode my Triumph Bonneville to lunch and rode a KZ900 back. That thing was night and day difference better than the Bonneville.
 

· Registered
2009 VT750C2 Spirit, 2012 VT750C Aero, 2014 CB1100
Joined
·
73 Posts
View attachment 305641

A little more refined but available. 2022 RS model


View attachment 305642

2018 model was the 1st. year intro for the KZ. Honda introduced the CB1100 in 2014 thus I assume somebody @ Kawasaki took notice though Honda will discontinue the CB1100 this year.
My 3rd bike is a 2014 CB1100. Love it.

I hear rumors Honda has a UJM in the pipeline based on the Africa Twin / Rebel 1100 motor. With the liquid cooling and tried and trusted engine, I'm looking forward to it. I bet it's awesome.

The ZR900RS (and its new 650 little sister) is really the only new bike that tugs on my wallet strings...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
A friends 1956 Triumph TRW suffered catastrophic failure due to metal fatigue in the top triple tree a few years ago, so I am very leery about riding long distances with any bike more than 60 years old. I will retire my Shadow in about 3 years at 30.
Would you recombed I retire my 85 Y.O./ 1938 Indian four and, my 37 Y.O. Shadow? Have you ever heard of the Cannonball Motorcycle Cross Country run, open to only 90 Y.R. old & older bikes?
What is the life expectancy of a Honda Shadow? I goggled this and the answer I got was 15 years, if properly maintained and kept indoors - I find that unbelievably
A friends 1956 Triumph TRW suffered catastrophic failure due to metal fatigue in the top triple tree a few years ago, so I am very leery about riding long distances with any bike more than 60 years old. I will retire my Shadow in about 3 years at 30.
 

· Registered
1995 VT1100C2
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
... Have you ever heard of the Cannonball Motorcycle Cross Country run, open to only 90 Y.R. old & older bikes?
Yes, but I am not an antiques collector. The Cannonball run is impressive for those that like that sort of thing and quite an accomplishment for the bikes/riders who completed the 3389 miles. In 2021 there were 88 entries started and 37 that completed the run so about 42% of the bikes. Unfortunately, I cannot find any information on what failed on the other 58% of the bikes.
 

· Registered
'97 Spirit 1100 - Chandler, AZ
Joined
·
654 Posts
That 15 years likely applies to Shadows used in extreme sports competitions.
I hear the landings and extreme temperatures in these events induce significant stress on the frames and suspension pieces.
Shadow Ski Jump Trials: :rolleyes:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle


Shadow Lava Flow Fording: :oops:
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire Vehicle

(Phony pix courtesy of Stable Diffusion AI and the FUBAR Extreme Sports Network)
😂
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
What is the life expectancy of a Honda Shadow? I goggled this and the answer I got was 15 years, if properly maintained and kept indoors - I find that unbelievably
I have owned 3 1100 Shadows, my 87 1100c had 117,000 miles when I sold it , my 1995 ACE has 83,000 miles on it and I still own it, my 3rd was a 1999 1100 Spirit with about 130,000 miles on it when I sold it. common issues with all 3 bikes were alternator stators crap out at about 60,000 miles, I always carry a spare radiator fan switch, and the coolant line from the reservoir bakes from the heat coming from the rear pipe , cracks and leaks. Oil was always changed at about 3,000 miles and I usually used Shell Rotella T 15w40. Never had an issue with the engines and never replaced a clutch
 

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
Joined
·
20,938 Posts
It`s a HONDA ! ! !

It`ll take care of You as long as YOU take care of It...

176,000 Miles on my Baby and I would ride her to Sturgis again in a heartbeat...


Merry Christmas
Ann, Dennis &
Broke Biker Mission
 
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Top