Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Show Chrome Contour Light Bar and really like it. My original idea with this setup was to aim the light bar lights about half way between where low beam and high beam are on the headlight. Naturally, about half the cars I met at night were flashing their brights at me. So now I have the light bar aimed about where the low beam is. No more cars flashing lights at me but this also cut back on the light I have shining down the road.

I am wondering what others do about aiming your light bar or extra headlights. Do you do the same thing? What is working for you?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was told at the MSF course that if people flash you it's a good thing. At least they can see you. I have my lights adjusted all the way down and they're still pretty high. Mine are also 55w and meant for a car, so yeah.... they're a little biright. lol

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I have mine adjusted so that when the low beams are on, the spots
shine just to the right and left of the low beams... helps to illuminate the sides better.
Then, when I switch to high, they stay on and help keep some light in the
area where the low beams shine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
litnin said:
I have mine adjusted so that when the low beams are on, the spots
shine just to the right and left of the low beams... helps to illuminate the sides better.
Then, when I switch to high, they stay on and help keep some light in the
area where the low beams shine.
That's interesting, mine automatically switch off on high beam.

Right now mine are low, just below the low beam.

Bill (Nanoose Boy)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.