Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Cobra lightbar installed on my 2006 Aero. For some reason one of the lights is constantly losing power. I b*tchslap the light as hard as I can and it comes back on. I've taken the bulb out, checked all connections, and reassembled. It still happens. I'm thinking it has to be some kind of grounding issue, since the power is connected fine. Wiggling wires doesn't work either. Something about the magical b*tchslap is the only fix

Any other clue what could be causing this or anyone else have this problem w/ your Cobra bars?
Right light.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
electricity is real simple.

If you changed the bulb with a new one, then it is the wiring.

Check the connections, which you said you have done, check/change the fuse & relays (it could be faulty).

If all that is fine you may have a short/break in the wiring.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
You have a bad connection somewhere, power or ground. ONLY you can find it. I would look to the bulb or socket first.

·
Registered
561 Posts
It's really sounds like a bad bulb...

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
You can eliminate a ground issue real quick the next time it happens. Just take a long piece of wire and go from the negative side of the battery to the light bucket or light bar and see if the light comes back on.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
My cobra lightbar had this same problem. It was the ground connection. Inside the housing, mine had the ground wire attached to the metal housing with a rivet. This rivet had come loose. I drilled the rivet out and replaced it with a stainless bolt/nut. No problems since.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
My cobra lightbar had this same problem. It was the ground connection. Inside the housing, mine had the ground wire attached to the metal housing with a rivet. This rivet had come loose. I drilled the rivet out and replaced it with a stainless bolt/nut. No problems since.
This.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a Honda RC51 that went through $7 tail lights like crazy. Turned out to be a loose ground. Once it was fixed, I owned the bike for another 3 years and never replaced another tail light.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyone's responses. I've been meaning to get out there and work on it, but the garage has been so **** hot. I'll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts