Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my bike for a while now and since I’ve had it the lights tend to flash when at idle, it kinda like a very subtle blink. Ive linked a video (Bike lights ) I put in a new bartt and it still happens any help

bike is a 08 vt750 C

· Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
20,336 Posts
Measure your charging voltage to see if it makes the meter fluctuate. It may be the regulator is acting up. If they are all LED lights it may be something to do with that. My LED headlight has a similar flicker at idle.
You could see if the ground is faulty by connecting along wire to the battery negative and touching the other bare end to the frame, then the engine, then the steering head metal , the regulator case, as information and see if it changes as it is idling.

· Registered
1,832 Posts
I had a similar problem that was solved by the "Three Yellow Wire" fix.
It may be your solution, too.
Do a quick forum search and you'll find multiple threads on the topic.

· Registered
8 Posts
If it's only at idle then I don't think you have a problem. My 03 Shadow Spirit does the same because the RPM's at idle are low and the charging circuit / regulator really doesn't function at idle. My independent testing resulted in 12.8VDC before starting the bike, about 12.5VDC at idle, and when RPM's are increased above about 1300 the charging circuit kicks in and I get about 14.5VDC

· Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,508 Posts
Do the revision of the 3 yellow wire anyway. This an issue on a lot of metric bikes. The tutorial fix is listed at the top of the "Tech" section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts