Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time yesterday I put my I-pod in my pocket when leaving the gym. I said the heck the with it and put the head phones on under my helmet for the ride home. WOW!!! Beautiful 95 degree day. Nice country road.... When Janis Joplin started imploring me to take another piece of her heart.... the moment was about as good as any can get!!! Then I looked down at the speedo and saw I was doing about 85+! Same reason I don't listen to music while skiing, it's kind of neat, but not a good thing not being able to use my sense of hearing to judge my speed. I'll do it from the gym to home, but can't see ever doing it on the open road.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah, I've done the same thing back and forth from work. But I've found that the background music affects my driving too much. I don't control my speed anywhere near the way I should, and it'll probably be dangerous in the long run.

For me though it's not the sense of hearing (using earplugs doesn't bother me) but the beat of the music.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The only time I don't have my iPod going is in town. Anytime I head out for a ride on country roads, the music goes on. Same in a car, in town, rarely, out on the highway, you bet!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I jam to Slayer and Cannibal Corpse, but only on highway driving. In the city I don't even bother with headphones. I only plug up if I'm going on a longer cruise and going to be hitting speeds of 70-90. Sometimes I'll take em off once I reach the destination and have to do some driving in the city limits.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I just took a short ride while listening to this incredible band, maybe you heard of them

Vance and Hines and the Long Shots

I know they only had one hit but I play it as often as I can, and let me tell you Vance and keep up With Hines vocally no matter the tempo

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm the same about driving through town. The music just caused too much chaos with all the traffic too. I have a riding jacket to put my ipod or phone in (whichever I'm listening to). That way its very easy to skip a song if a bad one comes up. Just be sure to check out your state laws though. In WV you are only allowed to ride with one ear in.... I use 2.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
While I do prefer the Vance & Hines band. Sometimes they are the backgraound music for Talk Radio. Have speakers in the helmet, might as well use them, they suck for music.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just took a short ride while listening to this incredible band, maybe you heard of them

Vance and Hines and the Long Shots

I know they only had one hit but I play it as often as I can, and let me tell you Vance and keep up With Hines vocally no matter the tempo
yeah, I did it once and it was kind of neat, but I prefer to just listen to my stock pipes as I cruise along. I do listen up when people talk about rider to passenger comm systems as I am going to have to pick something up soon so I can communicate with my son when he is on the back. No more music though. Losing a sense while riding is never a good thing... in my personal opinion anyway.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Riding buddy of mine bought a helmet with a bluetooth box on it, and speakers in the ear port. He can answer calls, but can also stream music from his BT enabled phone or music device... it's pretty neat.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
in town, half helmet, no speakers or ear buds. I installed some Isus helmet speakers in my FF and I do listen to my mp3 when I'll be riding around the highways and byways. I've been a music kind of guy for almost 50 years so I'm used to listening while concentrating on something else and I and don't let it affect my riding (or my speed).

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i don't have a problem listenin' to music while ridin'.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I'm good at multi-tasking I guess. I've always had music playing around me what ever I'm doing. I listen to it in the shop, in my trucks, on my bikes and right now, while on the 'puter. I do turn the tunes down while in heavier traffic or coming into a town, but rarely do I turn it off completely.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
I don't ride without my IEMs plugged into some tunes on the phone or iTouch. Beats the engine drone. With my pipes I can't hear much outside the bike anyway.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
After 300k, Supertramp has it right with " take the long way home "

Good tunes for a good ride :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
yeah you gotta watch it while listening to music you get carried away to easily

1 - 19 of 19 Posts