Honda Shadow Forums banner

Long Island // New Guy

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Troy Jollimore 
#1 ·
Hey, all.
My name is Josh. I just scooped up a 2000 VT1100 a week or so ago and I am absolutely loving it so far. I've always ridden sport bikes and still frequently go to the track. Last year I was hit from behind on the highway in Brooklyn and it put a damper on my desire to buy another street bike until just recently. I got the VT1100 and this is my first (ever) on a cruiser-style motorcycle. It felt super strange at first but I'm already starting to warm up to it. I came here because I know the communities are awesome sources of information and interaction. I can't wait to learn some stuff from you all and just really get to enjoy the ride. Thanks
Helmet Tire Wheel Automotive tire Sports gear
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome to the forum. My biggest issue coming from other bikes to a cruiser was the weird wind turbulence. I do have a windshield though. If you ever get a windshield of any kind you will want to check out the forum for lots of tips. Tips to divert the crazy head shaking turbulence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.