Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders!

I am 6 feet 2 inches tall and need a litle more leg room on my 1998 Shadow Aero. Can someone possibly recommend a saddle that would help me scoot back a bit further towards the rear fender.
If any of you taller guys or gals can help please advise.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Long legged Mike in Arizona
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
You are just a little bitty fellow aren't you?

Not much in the way of seats that give you extra room,(actually the Mustang feels like it pushes you forward a little - however a great seat) but floorboards and highway pegs on the engine guard/crashbars go a long way in the right direction for giving you alternative leg positions.
I have been known to ride my own pillion from time to time with my feet on the back of the floorboards.... :shock:

I know about these things, I am 6'7"+ with about a 36" inseam..... :roll: cruisers are not made to fit tall people very well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Remove your seat.
Remove the seat cover.
Shave the foam at the rear of the seat with an electric knife and a hotwire foam cutter until it suits you.
Recover, Reinstall. Ride.

If you have to buy the foam cutter, and two C cells... total cost of the project will be about $12.00, add another $10.00 if you don't have an electric carving knife.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
I'm 6'2" w/34" inseams and had a '99 Aero. I bought a Corbin seat that helped some - it sets you a little farther back, maybe an inch. I also put on Rivco highway pegs (that mounted onto the frame's front downtubes) to stretch out a bit from time-to-time.

A back rest would help too. A lot of your discomfort is probably related to lack of back support - even if you feel or think it's in your legs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
floorboards and highway pegs on the engine guard/crashbars go a long way in the right direction for giving you alternative leg positions.
I am 6'2" and did an Iron Butt on my ACE with this configuration. I ride with my feet on the highway pegs 80% of the time. I suspect it should work for you bd53.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
I know about these things, I am 6'7"+ with about a 36" inseam..... :roll: cruisers are not made to fit tall people very well.
I know - this is why the biker gods created the Enduro! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Im 6'1" 36 inseam. The mustang moved me back a bit and I put the Kury cruisemount pegs. Helped a ton. The driver backrest makes it worse though, pushing me forward more than the stocker did.. So I just dont use the backrest that I paid the extra $$ for!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
AngryHatter said:
cbjr0256 said:
You are just a little bitty fellow aren't you?...I know about these things, I am 6'7"+ with about a 36" inseam..... :roll: cruisers are not made to fit tall people very well.

Holy moley :shock:
Yep, Chuck is that tall! He's the chap on the left in the picture below.

Bruce
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
801 Posts
I have the same bike , AND I`m the same height,
I don`t have a problem , but I did ride with a Corbin Hollywood Solo seat for a couple of years , and it did push me back farther. So, you could try that.
But, a lot guys with 1100 AERO`s have went to pull back risers for a more laid back ride on the AERO. (which is pretty laid back the way it is)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:
AngryHatter said:
cbjr0256 said:
You are just a little bitty fellow aren't you?...I know about these things, I am 6'7"+ with about a 36" inseam..... :roll: cruisers are not made to fit tall people very well.

Holy moley :shock:
Yep, Chuck is that tall! He's the chap on the left in the picture below.

Bruce
Hey is is tall. I thought he was stadning on his helmet! :lol:

At 5' 10" I can't offer much here but I can say the Mustang seat raises you up at least 2" over the stock seat. At least on my Aero it did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
You are just a little bitty fellow aren't you?

Not much in the way of seats that give you extra room,(actually the Mustang feels like it pushes you forward a little - however a great seat) but floorboards and highway pegs on the engine guard/crashbars go a long way in the right direction for giving you alternative leg positions.
I have been known to ride my own pillion from time to time with my feet on the back of the floorboards.... :shock:

I know about these things, I am 6'7"+ with about a 36" inseam..... :roll: cruisers are not made to fit tall people very well.
Alright, you win...I have to stop complaining about finding vehicles and clothes to fit me... 6'5" 34" inseam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
waydawg said:
AverageJoe said:
waydawg said:
Im 6'1" 36 inseam.
I'm trying to picture someone 6'1" with a 36" inseam. That's quite a long inseam for that height..

Yessir, looonnnggg legs!
me too.

and finding jeans is no easy task. 32W/36L all thru highschool. finally i gained a few extra pounds....34/36 is a little easier to find.

but i still can't find anything loose enough in the thighs that isn't baggy as hell in the seat.

(spent too many years roller skating)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top