Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the post on this site for nearly 18 month now. I would like to thank all the menbers for their wonderful insights and tips. I have found sooo many tips, tricks and other recommendations that I will keep reading this even I sell my 05 Sabre. I will post some pictures in the near future(digicam went kaputt).
Just thought I would take this time to thank you all! :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome aboard! I also lurked for a few years before registering, still do a whole lot more reading than writing.

·
Registered
628 Posts
learcking

I held off because I was new to biking and just wanted to hear the tips and techniques of experienced bikers.

In other words, what did I have to say? I did not even know what a cager was!! So I had to ask to prevent my Irish face from turning red. It was James Davis who answered my question. I check his site out all the time now.

Jim

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
blk04sabre said:
I've been reading the post on this site for nearly 18 month now. I would like to thank all the menbers for their wonderful insights and tips. I have found sooo many tips, tricks and other recommendations that I will keep reading this even I sell my 05 Sabre. I will post some pictures in the near future(digicam went kaputt).
Just thought I would take this time to thank you all! :p
Well since you are now no more lurking, may I say Welcome to the Forum and hope you keep coming back and post a little :lol:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I thought I was going to lurk, but my fat headed full of stupidity got the best of me and I jumped right into a fight with about folks whom I knew nothing. I learned very fast just how much talent and knowledge is on this forum and have bee a daily poster every day since. :eek:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: learcking

Donald1684 said:
I held off because I was new to biking and just wanted to hear the tips and techniques of experienced bikers.

In other words, what did I have to say? I did not even know what a cager was!! So I had to ask to prevent my Irish face from turning red. It was James Davis who answered my question. I check his site out all the time now.

Jim
ahh well its the internet no one knows your face is turning red so I love to ask stupid questions :D

Welcome and thanks for the answer .

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just gotta ask , what stops you from posting and asking a question or making a comment? I ask because I run another forum and its always been a curiousity to me why ppl just lurk . So give me some insight
You can count me more of a "lurker" than a "poster" too. I've been reading the forum since I purchased my first Shadow in 2002. Was sent to Turkey by the Air Force in 2003 and sold the bike and forgot my user name/password and created a new one.....I digress.......Anyway, I enjoy reading all the posts and usually only comment when I feel what I have to say significantly adds value to the thread. I typically don't make a 1-2 word reply just to get my "numbers" up. I think some do and that’s o.k., just not for me.

As far as that "adds value" comment above....I'm not sure this qualified
:?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Posting/Lurking

I mostly read posts because a lot of what I would say has already been covered. I try to post when I feel that I have something to contribute to the discussion. A lot of post are interesting but I don't feel that I have to respond to everything.

billp

·
Registered
270 Posts
Papa Charlie said:
I just gotta ask , what stops you from posting and asking a question or making a comment? I ask because I run another forum and its always been a curiousity to me why ppl just lurk . So give me some insight
I typically don't make a 1-2 word reply just to get my "numbers" up. I think some do and that’s o.k., just not for me.

As far as that "adds value" comment above....I'm not sure this qualified
:?
And yet when someone takes the time to post pics and no one even posts a " hey cool"or even a emoticon of :?: or :D that thread drops and doesnt get bumped up . Then ppl just say the hell with the time to post pics . And then the less posts the forum dies.

Just saying , ever little post counts on any forum :D
So keep posting damnit

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome aboard, I used to be the same way I thought people would just give me hell for asking stupid questions since I was new to bikes. I found out though just how much knowledge and help there are on some of these forums if you just ask around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts