Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I’m in the dog house but I could resist, :wink: She an 87 700cc with 16K on the clock. A very light bike, that corners and rides surprising well. She did need some TLC, a battery a good cleaning and I’m still changing the fluids in her. Tires and gears are good including second which I hear can be a problem. There is a small headlight issue that I will need to look at but for now I’m just going to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sweet bike! Looks to be in great shape. Don't see to many of that model Magna. Can't say if I've ever seen one in person. I myself hope to land a Magna V65 someday. I've been in love with that bike since I was 10. There's a mint condition one for sale round here but the guy wants $4800 for it :shock:

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Nice ride! Like the sweep up exhaust!
Coop

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
That would be a Super Magna, I came across one when searching for a second bike and found a blue one that looked ok in condition but needed a little work, So I did a search on general parts for them and then I kept searching, Apparently they where only made for a very few years and stopped production so not that many of them out there and not many parts to be found, Fortunately the engine parts are more abundant but the Super magna specific parts are hard to find and priced like a rare coin so be careful with it, There awesome bikes and have a strong following with a few forums dedicated to just that bike.

Dauntae

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Ooohhhhh..... Me REALLY Likey!!!!!! *drool*

You lucky so-and-so.... Man, oh man you scored. She looks to be in fine condition, what a beaut :)

If you decide you want to sell it, PM me first please ;)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Everyone is getting a Magna now! :mrgreen:

Congrats on the Super Magna. I looked at a few online right before I sold my bike, but decided on a newer one instead.

She looks like a beaut!

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's a beauty. That would be the first year for that design. I had an 86 VF700C, last year for the shaft drive Magnas. The 87 was a real performer with great looks too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sweet bike! Looks to be in great shape. Don't see to many of that model Magna. Can't say if I've ever seen one in person. I myself hope to land a Magna V65 someday. I've been in love with that bike since I was 10. There's a mint condition one for sale round here but the guy wants $4800 for it :shock:
Might be worth the drive for you...
1983 Honda Magna v65(18000 miles)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I myself hope to land a Magna V65 someday. I've been in love with that bike since I was 10. There's a mint condition one for sale round here but the guy wants $4800 for it :shock:
That sucks. There are a handful of V65's for sale in and around my area, prices range from $1500 to $2500, one or two are about $3k.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
agreed. that's a super magna for sure. very cool bikes!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Looked it up, The Super Magna was only made in 87 and 88 and the Magna was discontinued in 88 and reintroduced in 94 with the newer style. Quit the engine they had there too. Here is my source of info.
Honda Magna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dauntae

·
Registered
680 Posts
Congrats, that actually looks really good for an '87 - what a score with such low mileage, enjoy the new ride man.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Everyone is getting a Magna now! :mrgreen:

Congrats on the Super Magna. I looked at a few online right before I sold my bike, but decided on a newer one instead.

She looks like a beaut!
If you are comfortable on your 3g this would be a little short of you, a 3 hour ride on the super gets cramped on my 3g I have done 9 hours with no trouble.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts