Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and looked at new bikes this past Saturday. The VT1300 looks ok, not much to be thrilled about. Then I spotted the new Kawasaki Vaquero, now to me anyway that is a bike to get excited about. Self cancelling turns, true cruise control, noise adjusting stereo, fuel gauge, self adjusting lifters, etc, etc, etc. I do believe I have found the replacement for the ACE. Time will tell need to go back and do a test ride couldn't do it last weekend, had shorts on and mother Kawi wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
the Vaquero is a sweet ride, no doubt.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I really like the Vaquero myself. The only thing I don't like is the fact that they made the bags side loading. I just prefer top loaders. I believe I read somewhere that they used the side loaders to make the bags and fender flow together better and they got that part right. The bike is killer looking.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Here is a good comparison video of the Vaquero vs. Street Glide vs. Stratoliner Deluxe. I was surprised to find that the Vaquero came in last place despite scoring higher than both other bikes in some categories. One thing they mentioned which I also noticed when I saw the bike in person is the completely craptastic piece of plastic that runs the top length of the gas tank. It really does look and feel as horrible as they say. The audio system took top honors though. The side loading bags were not well liked. Overall it is a nice looking, and good performing bike, and worth considering.

2011 Bagger Cruiser Shootout - Motorcycle USA

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Take it and all others in the category for a test spin.

I really loved the the Nomad and took it for a ride, compared to my VT1100 and my current Stratoliner the Nomads gears just didn't seem to match up to the engine RPM's. Oh and 6th gear had the engine balking badly under 75mph.

Now my Strat wasn't perfect either, head shake with the windscreen was terrible however lowers completely fixed it. Also, compared to the VT1100 maintenance on the Strat is more complex.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far the side loading bags are the only negative for me. Weren't these used on the early Nomads? I wish Honda would come out with something like this. Honda seems to be really missing this segment of the market. Oh well I have a while and several more bike to look at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts