Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the tires on the '02 Ace I picked up last summer. It only had 4000 miles on it and I suspect the Dunlop's on it are the ones it came with when new, and the sidewalls are pretty checkered. So I figure I'll replace the tires and tubes over winter. Searched the forums and there's 3 or 4 tires that get good reviews on the Shadow but the Pirelli MT66's look like a great tire for the money. Any reason NOT to buy a pair?

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I put a pair on my bike a couple of years ago and I love them. Soft, tacky tread so I don't know how long they'll last, but they're giving me a good ride. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
just watch where you purchase them from, i bought mine from motorcycle superstore and they are 2 and 4 year old tires according to the dot markings on the sidewalls

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
69- These tires are my choice too...
I replace in sets also...
I love the feel of TWO NEW TIRES!!!!

86- I`ve always gotten fresh tires from the superstore, less than 6 months old!
I don`t understand why you got 2-4 year olds?????

I got 14,000 miles from MT66 Pirelli tires twice, I`ve tried Metzler and also got 14K...
BUT the Pirelli is "the drug of choice" for my Bike...
I`m gonna try some mileage tricks on my next set...

D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback (and the welcome - only one more thread starter and I'm legit :) Sounds like I'll be picking up a pair of Pirelli's and reading the return policy carefully in case the date code's not what it should be.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback (and the welcome - only one more thread starter and I'm legit :) Sounds like I'll be picking up a pair of Pirelli's and reading the return policy carefully in case the date code's not what it should be.
Did you check out any other tires? Michelin Commander II is a great tire. 20K plus on the rear. Front....I'd have trouble finding anything that beats the Metz 880 or 888.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Pirelli is a great tire! I would have them on mine, but they don't make them to fit it. My 2nd choice was Metzeler, great tires and price is good too!
You won't be dissapointed in them!
Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts