Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Honda Shadow 750 Aero. The only mods on the bike are a set of V&H drag pipes, Modified airbox with K&N filter, and rejetting. I am wondering if there is anything else that I can do (without getting to involved) to get more out of it. Cam, Valves???

I know it is a smaller bike, but I am going to run it for another year, then upgrade then my wife will ride this one so it don't mind putting a few $$$ into this one as I figure I will have it long enough for my kid can ride.

Any thoughts, what are the costs, and what work is involved???

Thanks for your input.

Russ

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
There's more there...but it's very costly. Talking big $$$$.$$ dollars here. You got what everyone else has for performance. The next bike will be for the BIGGER cc's....1300, 1800 Honda's or whatever maker you decide.

Bullzeyet

G

·
You can get a Dyna 3000 ignition module which will allow you to dial in more spark advance. This should give you some more get up and go.

Changing to a smaller rear sprocket will help keep the rpms down on the highway.

·
Registered
303 Posts
4* timing mod for sure. Costs almost nothing, it's quite easy to do, and it'll make a difference. Similar in many ways to a Dyna 3000 (minus the cost). While you're at it, spend $10 and order beefier clutch springs since you'll have the crankcase open anyway. You might need them to prevent some slippage with all those other mods....

Directions for the 750 ACE (exactly the same as a 750 Aero) are located at www.sa750.com (under 'modifications' 'other'). Lots of folks have been doing this on Aeros lately - it's been a big topic over on the Delphi Aero forum.

Cheers, D-Mac
'02 750 ACE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.