Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have a use mustang seat for 2001 750 Ace? Or anything better then stock? Can’t believe the price for a new mustang seat when you can get a 200$ Seat for a HD but honds are 600$+

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
436 Posts
The the main saddles that seem to be available for Shadows are Mustang, Corbin, and Saddlemen in no particular order. All three high quality, comfortable saddles.

Corbin's approach is highly sculpted, very firm, real leather. You have to break em in, but once you do they are amazing. I've owned several on different bikes. Damn, but they are expensive, though.

Mustang takea different approach. They are into big, wide cush and use a proprietary upholstery that is largely waterproof. Very comfy. That's what I'm running on my Shadow now. I have no regrets, it's a great saddle. My passenger agrees.

Saddlemen is sort of in between. They're not as thick as the Mustang, and not quite as sculpted as the Corbin. I have not ridden one, but I know people who have them and they like them.

All of them are pricey, but in my opinion worth it. And if you look at equivalent saddles for a Harley they are equally expensive.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Shadow VT1100, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6rr, 1993 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2010 Chevy G3500 (BUS)
8 Posts
Any one have a use mustang seat for 2001 750 Ace? Or anything better then stock? Can’t believe the price for a new mustang seat when you can get a 200$ Seat for a HD but honds are 600$+
I'm not sure if it will work but I have a 2000 Sabre with (what I think is) a stock seat. I'm going to be bobbing out mine so I don't really need this seat. If you can help fund the bobber seat with some cash I will send this seat to you. Or, if you're anywhere around Long Island, NY I can just meet up with you and hand it off. I'll be buying the bobber seat once I find a large enough fork bag to hold my tarp.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found a second hand Corbin on line for 300 .
I just took it for its first long ride about 3000km and it was great . It came with 2 backrest but I took the back one off and stuck with the sissy bar to hold my bag .
It's also more comfortable for the rider on the back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2000 1100 Ace But my buddy has A750 Ace It fits on his bike alsoI don't really have a eBay set up or anything like that but I'm sure I can ship to you if you figure it out I don't know what you figure fair price would be I don't need to make a killingJust something fair

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just purchased a mustang seat from a member on this site, he is sending it out tomorrow! Thanks everyone for your help! Can’t wait to try it out

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I purchased a seat from a member on this site last night for 180$ as they requested , I was told they would send the seat out in the morning and would contact me with a tracking number. Well all day I haven’t heard anything so I emailed them and after 3 hours I received a response that they want another 50$ or they won’t ship the seat. At this point I just asked for my money back but haven’t had a response from this person (Holland0)

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,184 Posts
It appears this Holland0 Joined yesterday, posted ten general replies, and "sold" you a seat. This has all the earmarks of a scammer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gotch didn’t even see the the join date, well I be going to the bank tomorrow for a fraudulent purchase see what I can do. Thanks for the info

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,184 Posts
I've done a search and the member's email address comes up as toxic. I will ban the account when I hear back from you as to how it turned out with your bank or if the guy makes it right.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
326 Posts
Gotch didn’t even see the the join date, well I be going to the bank tomorrow for a fraudulent purchase see what I can do. Thanks for the info
Banks can't help. I've jad same issues before. My bank said I sent the money and I would have to sue. If it was credit card I could have had it reversed

·
Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
326 Posts
Wo
I have a 2000 1100 Ace But my buddy has A750 Ace It fits on his bike alsoI don't really have a eBay set up or anything like that but I'm sure I can ship to you if you figure it out I don't know what you figure fair price would be I don't need to make a killingJust something fair
would this fit a 750 spirit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I purchased a seat from a member on this site last night for 180$ as they requested , I was told they would send the seat out in the morning and would contact me with a tracking number. Well all day I haven’t heard anything so I emailed them and after 3 hours I received a response that they want another 50$ or they won’t ship the seat. At this point I just asked for my money back but haven’t had a response from this person (Holland0)
I just purchased a mustang seat from a member on this site, he is sending it out tomorrow! Thanks everyone for your help! Can’t wait to try it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts