Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 shadow ace 750 and after my carbs seem to have been trashed and i was screwed over by an ebay listing im in need of carburetors for my bike. any information that can direct me towards someone who has or may know of where to find some good carbs would be much appreciated.
or

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Looks like they are unobtanium.
Unless the castings are badly corroded or broken, you should be able to clean and replace all jets to get it going again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like they are unobtanium.
Unless the castings are badly corroded or broken, you should be able to clean and replace all jets to get it going again.
ya that seems to be the issue the "mechanic" as he calls him self said that after rejetting and all the only problem could be with the fact the carbs got put in ultra sound and then carb cleaner messing up the castings

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Ultrasound with battery acid -??? 🤬

Look at the castings yourself and see if it actually damaged

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Take em apart and post up some pics. I highly doubt an ultrasonic cleaner could hurt castings. Your "mechanic" is probably full of it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
A ham-fisted mechanic could break things however.

·
Registered
43 Posts
as a maintenance mechanic ive relied on an ultrasonic cleaner for alot of cleaning. ive put most common metals and some odd metals forged and cast through an ultrasonic at 195. ive used it on some home auto and gun stuff also. ive never had an issue with one except when someone ran a hydraulic valve assembly in one that was already extremely filthy and needed a fluid change. the only problem i could see happening is trying to work on hot cast aluminum carb and cracking it. but that would entirely be the.mechanics fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts