Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can score some clip-on handlebars, 1" diameter for my 2004 shadow 600 vlx. If not handle bars then the clip ons and I can cut some DOM tubing at a relatives house.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What's the fork diameter.

Check eBay, lots of stuff on there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not the fork diameter I am worried about, its the handle bar diameter, which is one inch. I'm pretty sure my fork is 39mm last time I looked it up. But I noticed all the clip on handle bars are 7/8 tubing which really sucks. And the 1" tubes I found online are $160 which really isn't worth the price. I can never find the clams alone and in a 1" diameter inset for the 1" tubing.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If you're looking for clip on's for 39 mm forks, try to find some made for a Sportster. They have 39 mm forks and are also 1" in diameter. Should work.

Or, if you're looking for the position of clip-on's but want something more affordable, maybe consider some Clubman bars? Biltwell makes a nice set in 1" diameter.

Hope that gives you a few more avenues to explore.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not the fork diameter I am worried about, its the handle bar diameter, which is one inch. I'm pretty sure my fork is 39mm last time I looked it up. But I noticed all the clip on handle bars are 7/8 tubing which really sucks. And the 1" tubes I found online are $160 which really isn't worth the price. I can never find the clams alone and in a 1" diameter inset for the 1" tubing.
Please dont say this, because I said the same thing, and so I sent them back because they were too small. Measure it first or get the service manual. Don't assume.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,844 Posts
This is a 4 year old thread and may get no answers.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts