Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle part Font Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system

I'm looking forbthe attached part. Unfortunately there is nothing available in South Africa. Can anyone assist me?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,488 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Run a fuel line around it. I don't know how long you've been riding, but us old timers rode for decades without a petcock valve. Just turn off the fuel every time you stop. Form a habit and it's not hard to remember. Remembering to turn it on, not so easy. At least for me.

I really am not out to offend anybody but just curious. How many people have had a seized engine because fuel ran through carb while it was sitting?

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,582 Posts
I really am not out to offend anybody but just curious. How many people have had a seized engine because fuel ran through carb while it was sitting?
Not me but a plenty of Valk owners have. Mine has manual Pingle as the original owner had installed it to avoid "hydrolock" which Valkyries stock vacuum assist petcock are notorious for failing. The excuse is when it fails you must have a bad carb float/needle but it still fails regardless to get to the point of "hydrolocking". Personally I've been shutting fuel petcocks all my life regardless the fuel delivery system. The stock Valk petcock looks a bit gaudy to me anyway but... BTW Valks are gravity fed thus having plenty of fuel/head pressure to really screw things up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts