Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking to rip up some curves.. just beautiful scenery, old covered bridges, etc... Suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DC, Maryland, Virginia.. DMV is a well known abbreviation to the folks that live round here. I assumed folks living in the mid atlantic region will recognize it and give geographically relevant spots to ride...

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
DC, Maryland, Virginia.. DMV is a well known abbreviation to the folks that live round here. I assumed folks living in the mid atlantic region will recognize it and give geographically relevant spots to ride...
We're not getting rid of 'Delmarva' are we?

I usually stay in Bethany and go to Assateague or Chincoteague and tool around.
Much more to the area I want to check out.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
You are not far from The Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park,Virginia.106 miles of a perfect motorcycle driving, just don't go over 35mph ,it's a National Park under federal jurisdiction.https://www.nps.gov/shen/

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Really? I was born in D.C. and raised in Fairfax, then lived in Oakton/Vienna/Silver Springs, and I am not familiar with calling the area DMV, because that is what Virginia calls their Division of Motor Vehicles. I guess that is what transplants call the area, because the locals don’t. Kind of like when I watch a Hollywood made show that has the locals calling 95, “the 95” like they do in California. In the D.C. area they don’t add “the” in front of the highway numbers. It is 95, 495, 66, 123 (one twenty-three) 236, etc. :grin2:

Whereabouts are you in the D.C. area? Are you located in D.C., Maryland or NoVa? You may want to try riding around Great Falls, on Walker, Beach Mill and River Bend Roads. It just all depends where you live, and what kind of riding you are looking for. If you just want to go for a long ride, maybe take 50 out to Winchester, and make a stop in Middleburg (horse country) on the way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Take 66 to 81 and enjoy the view, you can catch 460 also. The 5 and Dime around Richmond is good too. I live in Tidewater area and we ride the 5 and Dime, or the 460 to the 10 and across the ferry to Colonial Parkway. It's beautiful in late spring and summer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You are not far from The Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park,Virginia.106 miles of a perfect motorcycle driving, just don't go over 35mph ,it's a National Park under federal jurisdiction.https://www.nps.gov/shen/
I was checking this area, I wasn't aware about the speed limit, but this one seens to be amazing. Can't wait to do that.

Not looking to rip up some curves.. just beautiful scenery, old covered bridges, etc... Suggestions anyone?
Hey, where exactly are you located in DMV area? Want to meet somewhere?

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
Take 66 to 81 and enjoy the view, you can catch 460 also. The 5 and Dime around Richmond is good too. I live in Tidewater area and we ride the 5 and Dime, or the 460 to the 10 and across the ferry to Colonial Parkway. It's beautiful in late spring and summer.
The Colonial parkway looks like a ride my wife and I could enjoy. What route is the 5 and Dime? I'd think a route 510, but don't see anything on google that would relate to 5 and dime.

Also, what is the name of the ferry? This could be a nice summer ride with my wife or daughter.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
The Colonial parkway looks like a ride my wife and I could enjoy. What route is the 5 and Dime? I'd think a route 510, but don't see anything on google that would relate to 5 and dime.

Also, what is the name of the ferry? This could be a nice summer ride with my wife or daughter.

Thanks.
I was referring to route 5 and route 10. The Jamestown ferrys will take you to the parkway.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I was referring to route 5 and route 10. The Jamestown ferrys will take you to the parkway.
Hey, did you hear that Dumfries is going to get annexed by Manassas? They’re going to call it Dumassas! >:)

Oh, and I wouldn’t head out 66 on a bike going to 81; not when you can take 50 through Middleburg and avoid the 66 traffic. :wink2:

·
Registered
119 Posts
It ain't a scenic ride. But you should really consider Rolling Thunder on Memorial Day weekend.

https://www.rollingthunderrun.com/

It's an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
119 Posts
VITO ---- Phoenixville ?
My PSU college roommate was from Birchrunville. Not much motorcycle riding 50 years ago. Most of the roads were not paved. But great times in my Austin-Healy Sprite.

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
VITO ---- Phoenixville ?
My PSU college roommate was from Birchrunville. Not much motorcycle riding 50 years ago. Most of the roads were not paved. But great times in my Austin-Healy Sprite.
Yes, Phoenixville. About 30 miles northwest of Philadelphia.

I ride through Birchrunville once in awhile. Drop me a line if you are ever in the area.

·
Registered
119 Posts
PA trips are usually to State College. Son and family live there. But I'll definitely look you up if I get farther east.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts