Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I hope everyone has been doing well and getting lots of riding time in. Ok i have had this ol bike for about 2 years now. trouble free. we stopped about 4 months ago to help out biker with fuel problem. we wound up trailering it home. they lived down one of the worst roads I have ever been on. it beat us and banged us for about 1mile. after getting her and her daughter home. i get back out on road and mine dies. its like it just stopped fireing. it will spin all day but thats it. got it home went threw wires. i figured it shook something lose. couldnt find anything. now I cant trust it. some days it will go for a 100 mile ride no problem. The next day it wont make it to the end of the sub. before it dies. It might start right back up then again it might not fire for 2 or 3 days. I just keep going out and shaking everything i can find in wireing. then it will hit an fire right up. Any info or thoughts would be a great help. Im to the point of just bobbing it out and getting ride of all the wiring. Thanks Travis

·
Registered
29 Posts
Assuming it's an ignition problem, next time it won't fire, put a volt meter on the ignition coil primary to see if you are getting any voltage pulses there while turning the motor over. If no pulses, trace it back to find out why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts