Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
550 HP supercharged V8 ... so the Camaro caught up to the Shelby GT500 Mustang (550 HP supercharged V8 ):wink:

I'll take the Camaro. Same engine as the Caddy CTS-V? OH....YEAH!!!

And Ford still hasn't caught up to the Corvette! Even after 58 years!:shock::mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I'll take the Camaro. Same engine as the Caddy CTS-V? OH....YEAH!!!

And Ford still hasn't caught up to the Corvette! Even after 58 years!:shock::mrgreen:
I'd go with the V. Don't like the Camaro at all. Vette ... depends on what generation vette. 70's with smog control that would get spanked by a v6 stang or camaro or a C5 z06 which only inches away from a cobra of the same vintage in stock form?

:p

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
550 HP supercharged V8 ... so the Camaro caught up to the Shelby GT500 Mustang (550 HP supercharged V8 ):wink:
I have to agree 1000% and I'm Bowtie fan. If it isn't steel body, ain't s**t anyway. ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Only the rich will be able to afford to buy it and the gas it will be sucking down!,I heared gas will be at 5 dollers a gal. in the next year or two! I have been looking into all electric cars, the one with the longest range is a chinese car that go's around 180 miles a charge, I want one with a personal tag that say's fukOPEC ! on my biker patch vest I had a patch made that says F*uck the O.P.E.C. cartel ! That's another reason I love riding my shadow spirit, the good gas milage!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
...guess you didn't know about the Ford GT...205 MPH...Vette Killer

Ford GT - Home

I think the GT is in a whole other league, costing well over 150k! If I had a ZR1 Vette and another 50k to spend hopping it up, it would surely be a GT killer!

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Only the rich will be able to afford to buy it and the gas it will be sucking down!,I heared gas will be at 5 dollers a gal. in the next year or two! I have been looking into all electric cars, the one with the longest range is a chinese car that go's around 180 miles a charge, I want one with a personal tag that say's fukOPEC ! on my biker patch vest I had a patch made that says F*uck the O.P.E.C. cartel ! That's another reason I love riding my shadow spirit, the good gas milage!
And our American oil companies are turning record profits! I think OPEC is but a small portion of the price at the present time. The situation in Eygpt could change things though.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Not to make any waves, but atleast FORD hasn't claimed bankrupcy like "Obama Motors" (GM) had to do to stay in business. What a sad situation indeed. I'll never buy one of their products, that's for sure. I can only imagine the price for that new Camaro. That government loan will never be paid back.

·
Registered
23,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I heard the same thing..bout five years ago

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Ford, Chevy, whatever :D Glad to see both are putting out real american muscle again.

These stupid little boxes on the road these days...I'd rather walk. Thank God for my Sabre! :D

·
Banned
956 Posts
The thing everyone is missing is that with all the stupid traction control in place in that car, they will never allow a stock unit to do a burn out like that. Doing things like that would create far to much wear and tear on all the drivetrain and warranty issues would skyrocket.

Ford vs Gm is a debate that we won't settle here. Our forefathers have been at that since Ford and GM were both on the market and it still isn't settled.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
And our American oil companies are turning record profits! I think OPEC is but a small portion of the price at the present time. The situation in Eygpt could change things though.

Record profits because of record demand. It's not like people are buying less gas and they are charging more for it. In fact, the oil companies themselves make about 10c a gallon in profit once all costs are figured into the equation. I forgot the article, but I read it about a year or 2 ago when people were complaining of "obscene" profits by the oil companies. The truth is we are buying more gas than ever despite our best efforts to reduce gasoline consumption.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not to make any waves, but atleast FORD hasn't claimed bankrupcy like "Obama Motors" (GM) had to do to stay in business. What a sad situation indeed. I'll never buy one of their products, that's for sure. I can only imagine the price for that new Camaro. That government loan will never be paid back.[/QUOTE

Where in the world do you get "Obama Motors"

By Andrew Ganz
Friday, Dec 19th, 2008 @ 9:27 a.m.

United States President George W. Bush, in a press conference this morning, announced that the federal government will provide $17.4 billion in short-term, low interest loans to the General Motors and Chrysler in exchange for wage concessions at all levels – management, unions and suppliers – and an ultimatum that the companies must have thorough plans in place by March 31 or the loans will have to be repaid and the automakers will be forced into a controlled Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I'm sure there are thousands of GM employee's paying hundred of thousands of dollars a week in taxes, GM is going to have the only sub-compact produced car in the U.S. and it will have the lowest msrp of subcompacts sold in the U.S. Want low unemployment, buy american, want lower taxes, buy american.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Not to make any waves, but atleast FORD hasn't claimed bankrupcy like "Obama Motors" (GM) had to do to stay in business. That government loan will never be paid back.
There are large banners on the fences around all off the remaining GM plants here in Flint MI that proclaim "We have repaid all of our Government loans with interest". I can't see them making that claim if it wasn't true.

Also the local news has been saying that GM Union workers will be receiving from $1500 to $3000 profit sharing checks for 2010. Again,I can't see then doing that either unless the loans were paid off.

·
Banned
956 Posts
There are large banners on the fences around all off the remaining GM plants here in Flint MI that proclaim "We have repaid all of our Government loans with interest". I can't see them making that claim if it wasn't true.

Also the local news has been saying that GM Union workers will be receiving from $1500 to $3000 profit sharing checks for 2010. Again,I can't see then doing that either unless the loans were paid off.

They did pay off the original loan ahead of time. Stupid thing is, the government let them borrow money to repay the loan(or something like that)?? Basically, they took money out of one pocket, put it on the other and said... done!!! There is a group of lawyers taking them to task on truth in advertizing standards for this. (yeah, I know, more lawyers suing for the sake of suing, but they aren't looking for money, just honesty)

FoxNews.com - Did General Motors Really Repay Its Taxpayer Bailout?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts