Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,050 Posts
Red?Green always said "if you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough".

Reactions: Troy Jollimore

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,666 Posts
Don't look at me like that it's not a mask it's duct tape!
Don't pull it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I HATE masks. I also think the rules are BS pandering to Public Opinion. So when I needed a bottle of DOT3 brake fluid to start cleaning/bleeding my clutch, I put on a mask, and bought a bottle at Canadian Tire. In, out, took about ten minutes. Couldn’t wait to get that stupid thing off, but... I’M ALIVE!!! 😄

·
Registered
83 Posts
None of us likes the masks.

I wear it because it shows that you care about other people, and it makes them feel safer, it's polite. My mask protects them, their mask protects me, it's just courtesey. Damn right I get out of the store as quick as I can, and put the mask back in my pocket. I'm alive and I'm living in an area where there's been 1000 cases within walking distance of my house.

So, now your bike needs a crush washer, go back to Canadian tire and suck it up. Or go online and buy the package and have it delivered. This thread has lasted longer than it would have taken to get the part if you followed the link I posted the first day. This really isn't about your bike, is it?

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,144 Posts
So, now your bike needs a crush washer, go back to Canadian tire and suck it up. Or go online and buy the package and have it delivered. This thread has lasted longer than it would have taken to get the part if you followed the link I posted the first day. This really isn't about your bike, is it?
Correct, it was never about his bike. It was about wanting and seeking sympathy for his pretend macho attitude.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, they don’t really protect you or others that much, but it makes many people feel safer! So it’s not the hill I’ll pick to die on, anyway... 😉 Our local government made the ‘Public Places‘ law take effect on Friday. Before that, I didn’t wear one, but tried my best to keep my distance from people. And got REALLY good at holding my breath! 😄 VERY few cases in my area, though.

If you’re close to Halifax, I can GIVE you a replacement washer if my parts bike has one...

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,470 Posts
I dont see any reason the penny wouldnt work if executed properly. I would file it flat not hammer it. It would take far too long to make it economically viable though.
As far as the masks go, my region of the world has not yet implemented mandatory masks and I do not wear one when I go out but I do see many people who do. Some people like their false sense of security.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
813 Posts
I dont see any reason the penny wouldnt work if executed properly. I would file it flat not hammer it. It would take far too long to make it economically viable though.
As far as the masks go, my region of the world has not yet implemented mandatory masks and I do not wear one when I go out but I do see many people who do. Some people like their false sense of security.
A penny is the wrong alloy of copper and already annealed from the heat die striking causes, that’s my only issue. Pennies are supposed to survive for years in pockets and thrown against things so the alloy used is more resilient than soft copper you would buy in a sheet.

I am NOT recommending this, but if you wanted to make a sealing washer from copper an older copper pipe fitting cut in half and flattened out would be the appropriate alloy of copper and you would still need to anneal it afterwards.

Reactions: Chuck_Michigan

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,144 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but the whole premise of this bogus thread is "I don't like being told what to do, so I'm going to whine like a little girl and YOU guys figure out a way to get me what I need."

Sorry, my patience finally ran out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What area is that? I was under the impression every place in Canada mandated masks in indoor ‘Public Places’.

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,470 Posts
I live in a small town in northern BC. Population of 80k. The northern health region of bc (roughly half the province, or Washington and Oregon combined for our southern neighbors) has had a total of 93 confirmed cases. Masks are not mandatory here but many businesses like eye doctors or hair dressers ask people to use them. Bc public transit also just make masks mandatory for all passengers yesterday.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts