Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a list of mods I've done at home on my 2007 Spirit 750c2.

Exhaust... Removed the two canons with baffles, got some stainless 2" pipe and welded them to the existing exhaust with lollypops in them.

Raised front end of petrol tank... Drilled hole in frame above the existing tank mount, put a piece of threaded stainless rod through the hole put a nut on each end. Used the rubber mounts of the original.

Airbox... I've used a k&n filter from the original airbox and mounted it to the original attachment pipe. I used a piece of perspex to cover in the back of the filter and to attach the mounting pipe.

Removed switch blocks... I used a posh switch for indicators and horn, ($70 ebay) removed high beam switch altogether high beam always on. Relocated the kill/start swith to the side cover. Removed the clutch start switch, just means bike needs to be in neutral to start. Removed brake light switch as it comes on with foot brake and I don't use the front without the back brake. Really easy to do just follow the cables for posh switch and there is an YouTube video for the kill/start switch. I went with a single accelerater cable and removed the return cable. I then cut the mirror mounts of and painted them gloss black.

Rear fender... I've cut the rear fender down for a cleaner look did a bit of fiber glassing to the arch at the back for the Taillight. The Taillight is now just a lense no electrics as it bottomed out on my tyre. I've now got my tail light mounted on the side with number plate.

Blacking out the Chrome... I started with plasti dip and thought it was pretty good as I've used it in the past. However it's only really any good for the wheels as everything else will most likely have something rubbing against it either you or cables ect... It doesn't last very long and I was warned against it but thought I new better, silly me. As everyone else will tell you preparation is the key make sure you scuff/sand everything first and use etch primer on metal surfaces. I used rattle cans and if you take your time it will come up a treat and be pretty resilient.

I will be adding some pics to all these mods and if anyone wants some help doing these mods just shoot me a message and I will do my best to assist.

Cheers Jonathon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,799 Posts
We love pictures here.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,799 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate ive jst got my 06 vt750c4 atm its grandpa but not for long . I just wanna know about ur wheels and headlight. What size and what/where can I get them ? What/where is that headlight from?
Cheers for the tips she coming up a treat

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
673 Posts
is that a 21 inch front wheel ?
Should be, the 07+ shaft drive spirits came 21” front from the factory.

OP, really like the looks of what you’ve done! Gotta ask though, how big of a hole did you drill through the backbone of the frame to make the adapter to space your tank up? I know it’ll probably be fine but that’s a really important portion of the frame to be drilling straight through. You also may want to add some spacers or a nut and larger washer inside of the factory rubber front tank mount insulators because if you just let the rubbers sit on the all-thread with no backing there is a chance the bushings could slide over slightly and the metal shell of the tank will rub on your all-thread spacer bar mount, which could cause a leak over time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts