Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
yup nice bikes... Bobolto the VTX is so like your bikes biger brother its not funny :p

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
VTX's are nice bikes!

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Well for me I too have to say the vtx is sweet. I rode my brothers, albit briefly Saturday. Did anyone mention power. It would take me some time in the saddle on that beast(to me) vtx to get my slow speed skills up to par. I really didn't have much time on it and really very little slow speed stuff, but I'm sure the guys that have been on them a lot can manage.

Gregg, that pictured in the link is a good looking bike.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like Leathel said, it's my Bikes big Brother. It's like the Gods were teasing me letting me see that bike.

It's like my Bike with everything I would want to snap my fingers and make different,
More power, Dual Disc, Tubeless tires... the only downside is the model year.
Plus i am assuming it doesn't have any issues.

Just in no position to make a purchase right now and still pay the bills i have already.

Oh well, just going to have to let Her slip away into the night having never gotten Her phone number .... Never to meet again ..... sigh

i'm not getting any younger ... either are those VTX 1800's...

Many a Blues song were written based on the same sentiments i reckon ......

·
Registered
354 Posts
All I can say is you won't be disappointed. I bought one similar to it about six months ago and it has been a pleasure to have. Power. It's got torque and horsepower really beyond what a motorcycle requires but it's nice to have when you do need it. It's a bit of a heavy bike at close to 800 lbs and I had to go through a bit of a learning curve but I'm as comfortable as I ever was on any motorcycle now that I'm used to it. I have a Mazda Miata and it has exactly the same displacement (1.8 liter). I've ridden it long distance, short trips to the store. High altitude, cold and hot weather. Honda reliability..... You won't be disappointed if you do.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Roadmaster
983 Posts
Both are pretty...but honestly, the next bike that I want to get is one that is already set up for touring...like a Street Glide/Road Glide, Cross Country/Tour, Chieftain...or possibly a Gold Wing/F6B. After adding the hard bags, light bar, floorboards, heated seat, etc, etc...to my Shadow, I would rather get one that is set up from the factory.

·
Read Only
107 Posts
One things for sure, once you've invested in add-ons and mods on your current bike, it must be hard to buy a bone-stock bike again, unless its a bagger/tourer.

So either the VTX or Valk look like good buys.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
But you'll never "need" it.

Get some idiots behind you trying to terrorize/ run over you and yes, you can need it. It's nice to be able to get away, quickly.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Pretty, yes. I like it. I have nothing bad to say of it based on the pictures.

That said, RIDE IT.

I am not going to tell you to buy a bike based on some pictures. Ride it. Does it feel right? Talk to the owner. Does the owner feel right? Ride it again, does it still feel right? Repeat as needed....

I bought my Valk because the previous owner was a straight-shooter. He gave me the history of the bike, as far as he knew it. He gave me all the information he had collected that I may need. I didn't even negotiate the price based on his honesty. But more than that, he listened to the type of ride I was looking for and he agreed this would fit my aspirations. He encouraged my goals as a rider. He gave me references to grow. I developed a relationship with the seller and I bought an "excellent" bike at a "good" price because that is what he was selling.

Ride everything you can get your hands on. Despite its looks and its attitude, what does the transaction feel like? Do you really feel like this is going to be worth your money? If there is a slight hesitation, maybe this isn't the purchase for you? Even if it makes sense for someone else, you're the one writing the big check. What do YOU think.

I'm also not discouraging running potentials past the knowledgeable forum here, but take everything with a grain of salt.

Ride your own ride.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm smelling what your stepping in, Lonnie. But, if it rides anything like the older Sportsters, I don't think my back could handle it.
You are right my brotha. I don't think my old back can handle it anymore. But gosh, that 15 year old kid inside of me sure wants too!

·
Registered
354 Posts
No, don't need it. But it's sure there. In 5th cruising down the highway, want to pull ahead? Twist the wick a little and hang on. Yeah, it's good. Damned good to have. Without the long story that goes with it, after riding that beast six months whenever I ride my wife's 750 it feels like a Nighthawk 250 I owned in 1998. Fun little bike and I loved it no doubt but after the VTX a 750 is suffering from STDS (Severe Testicular Deficiency Syndrome).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts