Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waited an entire week for this to show up in the mail and it finally came today. Custom made "Gator" seat i picked up on ebay. I am very suprised how comfortable it is, as i hated the stock seat that i had bought used (and resold on ebay the next day lol). It sure didnt hurt my butt on the test ride today so thats a good thing.

I still have my Mustang seat for those long ride days (5 minute swap between seats). But i am really liking this solo seat. My arms feel in a better position and my hands didnt go numb on me. I can also see in my mirrors MUCH better in this seat which is a plus.

If you are thinking about getting one, they are worth the money. I believe there are a few still available on Ebay too.

*Edit, seat pic is now in my sig.

·
Registered
28 Posts
seat

looks good, checked them out on e bay today, might get one myself. looks like you have fork extensions, any problems installing those?..i have the 2" from billski, haven't put them on yet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you do decide to get one, email the guy and ask him to send priority mail instead of parcel post. Mine took 5 days and the box was destroyed with 7 holes in it, 2 tears and packaging falling out the side.

Yea i have the 3" extensions installed. Very easy installation. Jack the bike up so the front wheel is still touching the ground, take off the fork caps (watch that spring!), screw the new extensions in, loosen the forks and jack it up till your extensions are flush and tighten everything back up.

You shouldnt have to re route the cables with the 2" but definetly make sure before u go too far and realize it needs to be done. Just slide the forks down and slip the cables through then slide the forks back into the upper tree. No need to unhook any of them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JC Whitney Bullet Halogen Signals

Be warned these things are super bright and not DOT certified. Only reason i can think of is because the lens's are yellow (but when lit look more of a white-ish color) instead of amber. But, i am heading to the craft store to get some thick colored plastic to make them a deep amber color. They shine a light about 75' behind you in total darkness and also make roadsigns 'glow' as if you hit them with a high beam. There is NO way someone can say 'i didnt see your turn signal' :lol:

They are actually pretty high quality too. Each one has some serious weight to them and very sturdy. I was very impressed with how heavy they were. The wires are coated with waxed cloth so you dont have to sheath them for protection. And the lens's you get with it are glass (clear, yellowish/amber and red). Great value for the price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm wondering about the "fork extensions" on your bike too, How's that work and why?

Newbie to street bikes question obviously.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, i got them to kick the front wheel out a little bit for that subtle raked look. A few ppl said that low speed maneuverability would suffer but i notice no change what so ever. Bike still rides just the same. It also lifted the front of the bike some so my 4" forward controls would clear a little more in turns.

Coupled with the 1.5" lowering kit, its a real nice ride. I am actually looking into lowering it even more in the summer.

If you do choose to put the extensions on, the 4" will require a longer brake hose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.