Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started my sabre for the first time this winter. It started and run fine but the low oil light is staying on. I changed the oil in the fall before i pu tit away, so it is topped up. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas what could be wrong??? The light normally flashes for a few seconds at start-up and then goes out.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I wouldn't ride it or RUN it very long until you find the problem. One thing I would do is to try and find a oil pressure gauge to actually test the oil pressure with.
MarkC

·
Registered
865 Posts
Very, very good idea on testing with an actual oil pressure guage. Also, did I read on here once that someone said that when they changed their oil that they had to pre-fill the oil filter to get it to make oil pressure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the exact same issue with my 02 shadow spirit. As it turned out The oil sensor has a rubber boot on it that had been filled with coolant from the bike sitting in sub-zero weather. I pulled the boot partially off and dried it out. The oil light functioned normally after that. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts