Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new question for folks out there. I am interested in lowering my '02 ACE either 1.5" or 2.5" front and rear. I know there are several kits out there that will enable me to do this. My question is, has anyone noticed any ill effects from doing so? In particular, I already scrape the pegs from time to time, and surely this would exacerbate that problem. Also it seems to me I would need to get a shorter kickstand and I can't seem to find one. What are the positive effects (besides looking cool) that might offset these problems?
Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, I have installed the 2.5 inch lowering kit this winter, So I haven't had any driving time with it yet. It did lower the rear end 2.5, but the center of the frame only lowered .5 of an inch.

I thought to about a shorter kickstand, But it doesn't seem to be a problem with mine, it's still got quite a lean to it. I have seen them for sale, but I forget the website. Best thing I can think of if you still wanted a shorter kickstand is to take it off, heat it about and bend it yourself, I've heard of that being done before and it seems to work.

·
Registered
406 Posts
hey mike, did you notice that much of a difference in handling after putting the kit on, or was it mainly just the looks that changed?

·
Registered
549 Posts
downinit25i said:
hey mike, did you notice that much of a difference in handling after putting the kit on, or was it mainly just the looks that changed?
i noticed no difference in handling (using the kit). i've heard (but don't know for sure) that the opposite is true when you cut the shocks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I lowered the back of my bike about 2 1/2" by installing Progressive 11" shocks. They've been on almost three years, no ill effects I know of. I did not lower the front, but I did install Progressive fork springs. I like the way the bike looks, and it handles fine.

$.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts