Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, those of you that remember me from months back may recall I put together an 84 VT750c from a pile of parts. Then I found the '83 VT750 that needed some work. Well, I'm happy to report both bikes ran flawlessly all summer long. I put about 3,000 miles on each of them over the summer. between the two I have about $1,200 invested including new tires, battery and other misc. parts. So I'd have to say I'm quite happy to be riding two bikes for just over a grand total investment. If course some labor, bleeding and cussing were also invested in getting them both road worthy. I'd have to say advice I got from here was the biggest reason I got so much riding in on two bikes over the summer.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
The bleeding and cussing are what made those 3000 miles fun.

Post a pic or two...I'd like to see your work.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, first the 83 750

and here is the '84 VT700c

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, right now the '83 gets the most use. I fell in love with the sound of the exhaust on her and at first I wasn't sure about the handle bars but they grew on me quickly.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should go into business...Flip 'em and build more..They both look good.....:idea:
the problem is once I get them road worthy I am attached to them and can't bring myself to part with them. I have a chance to get another '83 750 and will probably get it after Christmas.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
Nice. The graphic on the first bike looks familiar....I think you posted something about that awhile back....or I'm having flashbacks;-)

Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice. The graphic on the first bike looks familiar....I think you posted something about that awhile back....or I'm having flashbacks;-)

Thanks for posting the pics.
Yeah, I posted pics of them both before in various stages. Like back when I was making my own mufflers for the '84 using 18" extensions and 12" sportster baffles.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
Yeah, I posted pics of them both before in various stages. Like back when I was making my own mufflers for the '84 using 18" extensions and 12" sportster baffles.
Nice. Nice bike work and my mind isn't slipping too far just yet.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
minds slipping? mine too! I'm just glad I got to rack up so many miles with such a small investment. Plus if I am working on one I always have the other to ride until the work is done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts